Chapter 19:Friendship or Bust?

A few days had passed since the studio session. Me and Will had exchanged numbers and were texting like crazy. Yesterday he finally asked me to go out with him and I was so excited. My excitement was slightly dimmed though when Silas came storming into the hotel room and locked himself in the bathroom.  He had been moody and sulky since the day of the studio and I hadn't gotten him to tell me why. I stopped watching TV and went and knocked on the bathroom door."Hey Si." He didn't respond.  "Hey Si, can we talk for a second?" There was a moment of silence and then he finally answered and said  "I guess, I'll be out in a minute." I went back to lay on my bed and waited for him to come out. Ten minutes passed before he finally decided to reveal himself.  "What's up, he said in a monotone voice?" "That's what I'm trying to figure out." He looked at me like he really wasn't interested in having a conversation."I just want to know what's going on with you. You've been moody and sulky for the past few days.Did I do or say something wrong? Because I thought we were best friends and you could tell me anything, but you've been giving me the cold shoulder. So what's up?" Again he just stared at me and I felt myself becoming angry. "Say something, I yelled at him!" "Are you going out with Liam tonight?" "Yes, but don't change the subject !" "That's my issue." "What, I said utterly confused." "You really don't see it, he said? " I stared at him with a dumbfounded expression on my face.  "What are you talking about, I finally said." "At this point I had jumped up from the bed and was standing near the TV stand. I folded my arms and stared at him. "Well, I said to him." He slowly rose from his bed as well and before I knew it, his arms were wrapped around my waist and his lips were pressed tightly against mine.  I slowly unfolded my arms and wrapped my hands around his neck.  Just as I was really starting to enjoy it, he pulled away and looked at me.  "Do you see it now?" I stared into his eyes unable to say anything.  He signed and before I could stop him he left our hotel room.  I relaxed my body and leaned against the TV stand. I touched my lips with the tips of my fingers and thought to myself, what just happened?  When I was finally able to move again, I went and grabbed my cell to text Silas and see where he was.  As expected he didn't answer my texts so I decided to call him, and he sent me straight to voicemail. What do I do now?  I threw my phone onto the bed and walked to the window. *Bing* I ran back to answer the incoming text. It was just Will wanting to know what time I wanted him to pick me up.  "Shoot, I said." I almost forgot all about my date. I ignored his texts and tried to call Silas again. After the fifth time he finally picked up. "Where are you, I asked?" "Just walking. " "Can you come back to the room pleae, so we can talk?" He sighed, I'll be there in a minute." Five minutes later he came slinking back into the room. He sat down beside me on the bed. We stared at each other for a while before saying anything. "Look... " we both said at the same time. He smiled and laughed a little. "That's the Silas that I miss seeing!" I sighed before continuing. "Si, you're my best friend and I love you, but I don't want to mess up our friendship by trying to turn this into something more.You mean so much to me and I don't know what I would do if you weren't in my life." He lowered his head in disappointment and it broke my heart to hurt him, but I couldn't lead him on and ruin our relationship.  He finally lifted his head and said, "I understand." "I didn't even know I had feelings for you until that day on the beach with Will.I saw how starstruck you were to meet him and I thought I would have been happy, but I wasn't. Then the day we went to the studio, he texted me asking if I had feelings for you, I lied and said no. He told me he was going to ask you out, and I got upset because I wanted to be the one to take you out." I stared at him in awe.  "I had no idea.  I mean I knew something was up and that you were acting funky, but I had no idea that's what it was." "I'm sorry for acting so sulky and not just telling you what was up.You are my best friend and I don't want to lose you either. " I smiled and he smiled back at me. I opened my arms to give him a hug and he quickly embraced me.  "Sooooo.. As he pulled away from the hug." "On a scale of 1-10 how amazing was that kiss? " "SILAS,I laughed!" He shrugged his shoulders.  "What,I had to ask? " I laughed at him and got up to go to the bathroom. I stopped at the door and turned around and looked at him. "It was definately at least an 8.5."