Chapter 5:Meeting the Beatmaker

I was awaken by this loud drumming music. I rolled over to find Bianca listening to this loud African sounding music. She was jumping up and down in the same overalls I saw her in the day before. "What are you doing?"I shouted. Since one of my pet hates is to be woken up unnecessarily. She stopped jumping up and down and just glared at me.  She walked over and turned the music up even louder and turned and smirked at me.  She then started to gather her shower stuff and a fresh new outfit, which really wasn't that fresh.  It looked like just another pair of overalls and a ratty looking tshirt. She smirked at me one last time, turned off the music and left our room. I lay in bed staring at the ceiling annoyed out of my mind.  I looked at the time on my phone, it was 8am. I guess it's time to get my day started then. I decided to get the rest of my belongings from my car.  When I came back, Bianca still wasn't back and I was so happy about that.  I decides to go take a shower and change into some fresh new clothes.  I chose to go for semi sexy but comfy, so I decided on a lace crop top, ripped knee jeans, a lightweight cardigan and my white converse. 
Picture of my outfit:

Since it was such a beautiful day I decided to walk instead of using my car

Since it was such a beautiful day I decided to walk instead of using my car. The sidewalks we're so busy as I walking past skyscraper after skyscraper. I started hearing this music ,and as I got closer I saw this tall dread headed guy with scruffy looking facial hair sitting on a bucket and making beats on two other buckets. Everyone was gathered around him and bobbin their heads. He was really dope. He was wearing a purple shirt that said Keys Open Doors and blue jeans.He finally stopped playing.People applauded and threw money into a hat near him and slowly walked away. I lingered behind to talk to him. "Man, that was really dope. " "Thank you, he said with a huge smile on his face." "My name is Faith, what's your name? " "My name is Silas." "How long you been making beats on the streets? " "Well I've been into music my entire life, but this street gig I've only been doing for a couple weeks.  I jusr recently quit my job to pursue my dream in music." "Thats so dope and so brave of you! " "Hey,I'm new here.  You want to go get something to eat?"" Hey sure!  I've been beating on these buckets all morning." He gathered up his buckets and stacked them into each other. He took the hat full of money and emptied it into his pocket and put the hat on his head.  He Tucked the buckets under his arms amd we started walking down the sidewalk.  He looked at me and asked ,"Do you like coney dogs? " "Heck yeah coneys are delicious." "I know just the place then. " we walked about four blocks until we came up on this delicious smelling hot dog stand. Silas ordered us both a hot dog with the works. I stood there staring at it for a second and he said, It's good I promise. " I hesitantly took a bite out of it and looked up at him. He was already halfway through his and looking like he wanted to order another one. He was bobbing his head to some mystery beat and looked at me with wide eyes like "so? " I smiled through a mouth full of food and nodded my head and smiled back.  We continued eating our food in silence and when we finished we went back and got some lemonade from the stand. We continued walking around New York and he pointed out different little cafes and mom and pop shops.  We walked and talked for what seemed like forever, until I looked at the time."Wow, it's already 5pm. Where did the time go? " I said. "I have no idea but I had a nice time with you." "Yeah I had a nice time with you too Silas. It was very nice to meet you." "I guess I better be getting back to my dorm though." "I'll flag a cab down for you. " he flagged a cab down and as he was helping me in he leaned in and asked, "hey what are you doing tomorrow? " "I have orientation in the morning but then I'm free after that." "Nice, you want to get together and do something, I can show you around more of New York.  Central Park is always really nice. " "yeah I would like that." He quickly scribbled his number on a scrap piece of paper he found in his pocket and handed it to me. "Just hit me up later." "Alright cool." He shut the door and waved as the cab sped off down the street. I waved back and smiled. I think I just made my first NY friend.