Chapter Forty Eight: Disturbing Behavior

Chicago

After waking Rebekah, the group goes to a clothing store for the girl.

At least I can finally get some new clothes. Trinity thinks, setting her choices down. She's about to get undressed when suddenly she is pressed against the wall, a hand wrapped around her throat.

"Who are you and what are you to Stefan?" Rebekah asks.

Trinity struggles to talk around the grip on her throat. "I'm his friend."

"And I'm supposed to believe that?" She scoffs. "You haven't left his side and from what Nik tells me, it's always been like that." She touches Trinity's necklace. "And he has the other half to this."

"It's not what you think." Trinity chokes out.

"Then explain to me what it is." Rebekah lightens her grip a bit so Trinity can speak.

"I'm gay."

"Why the hell should I care about how happy you are?"

Trinity inwardly rolls her eyes, remembering that the girl has been in a coffin for the last 90 years. "I'm not attracted to men. Stefan is my best friend." Rebekah releases her and she coughs as she regains her breath.

"Really?" Rebekah asks, skeptically.

"Really!" Trinity says. "Stefan's like a brother to me."

"Why are you all over each other all the time?"

"I've been watching him and your brother kill people all summer. I haven't been holding it together all that well. Stefan's been helping me."

"Well you're traveling with my brother, you're going to have to get used to it eventually."

Trinity rolls her eyes, noticing that Rebekah made no attempt to apologize for strangling her. "I don't see that happening anytime soon."

Rebekah looks at one of the dresses Trinity has and picks it up. "What is this?"

"A dress."

Rebekah looks at her with wide eyes. "What?!" She asks. "Where's the rest of it?"

Trinity sighs. "Ok, I can see that you're going to need a little help with this." She leads Rebekah out of the changing room. "It's been a while since I've been shopping, but I can still tell you what's in and what's not."

Klaus and Stefan drink champagne in the front room, while Rebekah tries on clothes. Trinity sits in a chair not far from them, having already made her purchases.

"There has to be more to this dress." They hear Rebekah say.

"There's not." Trinity tells her.

Rebekah walks out of the changing room wearing a short, black dress. "So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing." Klaus smirks.

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident."

"It's dance music." Stefan says. He sees Trinity's lips quirk into a small smile.

"People dance to this?"

"Remind me to take you to a club so you can see how they dance to it." Trinity tells her.

"Are we done?" Klaus sighs.

Rebekah looks at him. "And why are you so grumpy?"

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace. And you lost it."