Boyfriend

AUTHORS NOTE!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, I'm sosososo sorry about the incredibly long wait for this today. I am very aware that it has been three months, but please do not think I have given up on my story. 

I would like to dedicate this chapter to @mcenzierrobinson for her awesome critique. I know it was a very long time ago but it was amazing and so detailed and I'm jsut very apologetic for not acknowledging it.

I've just been crazy busy with school, and work and training and everything and I hope if anyone is still reading that you forgive me and I will try to get more updates Rival Squad

Thankyou so much to everyone and if you could place a comment or a vote at the end I would really appreciate it but i understand if you dont dw :)

xoxo Kataa

*************************************************

“I can’t believe you’ve never been here before!” Valerie gushes to James as we walk into St Tildes later that night. She is a very pretty girl – the genuine type of pretty that isn’t artificial with makeup, like Helena. So far, she’s been really nice. In all honesty she seems lovely, but there’s something about her that is stopping me from liking her and I don’t know what it is. I keep reminding myself to have an open mind.

“Well I’m a busy man,” James replies chuckling.

“Yeah, busy chatting up every girl in town,” Braydon snorts. While I am not approving of Valerie, Bray is likewise not approving of James. We’re off to a great start clearly.

James is offended. “At least try to be nice,” I whisper to Braydon. If he forced me on this date we are at least going to be civil and try to enjoy ourselves

“I don’t like him,” he whispers back simply.

“Too bad,” I reply dryly. “So tell be about yourself Valerie. Do you play any sports?”

As we sit down at a table, me and James on one side, the other couple on the other, Valerie laughs. “I’m a cheerleader actually although I don’t really like sweating. That’s how I met Bray Bray – I cheer for his team!” She replies, crossing her leg and squeezing his knee affectionately. He wraps his arms around her thin shoulders and pulls her closer to him.

“Ah, Bray Bray, the star of the football field,” I comment sarcastically with a giggle, rolling my eyes to myself about their antics. James snorts into his drink at my comment. She does an awkward chuckle, trying to brush away my rudeness. To be completely honest, I want to really test her and see if she’s worthy of such a great guy. And it’s kind of fun.

“What about you James?” Braydon asks, challenging me.

“Well I’m a swimmer, I also play waterpolo and rugby and do athletics and cross country,” he replies.

“That’s pretty much the same as Charlie,” Braydon comments.

“Yeah I know. It’s kind of one of the reasons I like her. We just have so much in common. She also so gorgeous and has the best personality. She’s honestly one of the best chicks I know,” James says honestly.

I turn to him, shocked, holding his gaze. ‘You’ve never said anything like this before.”

He doesn’t look away. “You’ve never asked,” he says softly. His finger rests just below my jawline as we slowly grow closer to each other.