Fights

QUICK RECAP:

Braydon, Charlie and their old coach Darvad had a confrontation about Charlie moving at a meet. The next day, Charlie and Braydon sorted their stuff out, but the night before Charlie had slept with James to get back at Braydon

~~~~~

“Hello,” Braydon says slowly.

“Braydon is it?” ask James. “I’m James.”

“I know who you are. But I think the correct question it what are you doing here,” he says, crossing his arms.

“Bray, don’t do this now,” I plead to him, tugging on his arm. I can sense where this is going. Braydon’s about to make a big deal out of the fact that James is over again. Because he ‘warned me’. But it’s really not a big deal. At all. I'm going to let this be anything other than innocent play.

“Well why not? You clearly haven’t been feeling to the need to tell me anything. Whatever you guys have going on here is more than just some one night thing,” he states bluntly, talking quick and smart-assedly.

I reply with an “It’s not,” at the same time James blurts out “Yeah kinda”. I scowl at him.

“Huh, this is interesting,” Braydon ponders still jittery, starting to pace around the room.

“What’s interesting?” I query, rolling my eyes.

“You have completely ignored anything I’ve ever said about this is kid, yet here we are,” Braydon replies, pausing his pacing to stare daggers at James, although talking about him as though he isnt here.

James meets his glare and holds it, both having a battle over who has the least masculinity to break it first or something stupid like that. “Here we are,” James states mockingly.

“For Pete’s sake Braydon just let it go. This is my life I’ll do what I want. Leave please,” I interrupt, raising my voice, annoyed at their childish behaviour.

“Do you not want my help on your assignments anymore?” he questions cockily.

“I’m sure you have better things to do.”

“Nope,” Braydon smirks.

As I open my mouth to reply, James walks over to me, wrapping his arm around my waist. “Babe, aren’t we going on that date today?” he asks, resuming the death glare to Braydon, pulling me closer.

Looking at Braydon, I can’t help but feel a little bit guilty. I think that earlier we only scraped the surface of everything we have to talk about. And if I ditched him it would be totally dogging. I mean I did beg Braydon to come and help me today on Thursday night. “Yeah, about that, I think I’m going to have to call a rain check. I honestly need today to catch up on my school work to survive the next couple of weeks,” I say to James, tracing little patterns on his hands as I look up to him with puppy dog eyes.

“Would you like me to stay and help?” He offers. Braydon snorts, and I glare at him to shut up. He has a point though. James never really has been the kind to be into study and all that jazz.

“You know, I don’t want to be a burden on you. So go off and have fun, I’ll see you tomorrow afternoon at training,” I urge him. He gathers up his stuff and leaves the door, not before kissing me for a few seconds and sending a last few daggers at Braydon.

Only a moment after the door closes does Braydon launch into the questioning. “Are you ever going to explain why he was here? Are you guys like a thing now? Because you promised me you wouldn’t let yourself be a thing with him. Don’t you forget that missy,” he rambles.