School's Out

“That was the worst exam I have ever done in my entire life,” groans my friend Bec as we leave the room that our English assessment on Macbeth was in.

“All I can say is that I’m so glad I had Braydon to help me out. He pretty much told me everything I had to write,” I say.

“You’re so lucky you’ve got him. Taylan may be my neighbour but he wouldn’t even know how to spell Macbeth,” she laughs.

“At least he’s hot,” says Amy, catching up to us. We all nod in agreement.

“So are you guys coming back to mine before we go out tonight?” asks Bec, when we get to our lockers. It’s the last day of term and we just finished our very last assessment as grade 10’s. We just have an assembly and then we can get out of here. Our plans tonight include going to a massive house party that literally everyone is at with another girl called Tessa (from my religion class), James, Dion, Angus, Taylan and two other hot guys in the year above us, Tom and Nathan, and then finally to a small bonfire at Andy Rapture’s lake house, which is pretty much just code for ‘get stoned, get laid and repeat till you pass out’. Coach has granted everyone in the squad free reign for the next few nights as long as we’ve slept everything off by Monday morning. It’s Thursday now, so I can fit in a lot of partying there.

I have one rule to myself. No smoking and avoid drinking – definitely no getting blind. Should be fine. I have restraint. Well I can at least pretend I do.

Eventually the assembly is over and we get to leave the goddam place for our summer holidays. The walk over to Becs place is quick, she lives just down near the creek. It also serves as a good safe house for when we used to go down in the shrubs with the durry boys. I don’t do that stuff anymore though. And when I did, Braydon didn’t approve at all. Not that I need his approval or anything.

“Do you reckon we should pre-drink?” questions Tessa, as she openly slips on her figure hugging red cut out dress. It is very short and only covers the bare minimum, but you’ve got to admit she looks hot. Tessa has extremely long light brown hair and a very tan complexion paired with striking eyes. She is easily one of the prettiest people I know. But she is also pretty easy. And that’s ok, because who am I to judge.

“Mmm we probably should, shouldn’t we?” confirms Bec as she squeezes on a pair of leather leggings and a downwards thick striped crop, matching it up with red accessories, lipstick and heels. Altogether, she looks incredible too. Her blonde hair is dead straightened and the makeup on her diamond shaped face looks almost like it’s done by a professional. Which it should, considering she’s at TAFE to become a makeup artist.

“I reckon that we should wait until the boys come and pick us up because they will bring plenty with them. And it’ll be the good stuff too,” decided Amy. She’s just zipping up her knee high black boots which she has matched with an orange tube skirt and a white triangle shirt. Her hair is slicked back and she again looks great.

“I knew we made friends with 17 year olds for a reason. They can drive us everywhere,” I laugh, referring to Tom and Nathan, who have their licenses. I walk over to Amy so that she can zip up my heart shaped strapless white crop which matches my light pink, short, high waisted shorts and my tan pumps. My blonde hair is brushed into effortless looking waves and my makeup done amazingly by Bec.

“Hey girls, I’m just coming in to say hello,” says Becs mum, peeking her head through the door. “Wow you all look amazing. Let me take photos for you,” she offers, taking our phones and snapping like 100.

The photos are all amazing. I’m going to be honest – we are a very hot group – you can’t hang out with the people we do and not possess a few good looks, which is a fact that you can definitely see in these photos. I post one on Instagram captioning it “Au Revior Year 10”.