Pause

Dear any remaining readers of Rival Squad.

I am writing today with a confession, an apology and a promise for the future.

When I began writing my novel, it was not a pure work of fiction. This story it based off of a circumstance that I found myself in and alot of the featured characters are real people. I am sorry that I crossed this boundary.

The description of Charlie along with her best friend and her best friends circumstance are real. In my own life, last year when I began writing this, I had just been convinced into returning to swimming. I had had a major injury to my shins that caused me to stop athletics, like Charlie. I had also been training with one squad and had to move to the new boys squad because I didn't want to be alone. In addition, I had just began employment at McDonalds and did that with a boy named Lachlan, who meets the description in the story.

The reason for my confession is because I am too weirded out now to continue to write a love story of sorts about the boy, James, who I have become friends with in the past year. I have gotten to know all of the boys in the squad and the thought of going home and writing a story about how attractive they were freaked me out because I no longer see them that way.

The story is also straying into a fan fiction world that I didn't want to explore. I love writing, and by the time this story is finished I want to have something I am proud of. So over the next eight weeks that I have off for Summer I am going to give Rival Squad a major re-image. I will re-post, starting fresh once it is completely edited and finished to my liking.

However, I do plan on keeping the original story line. I will make more adjustments, but I just wanted readers to know that I will fix it and make it much better. I will make it a story that I won't be embarassed about if someone from the squad was to see.

I'm sorry for letting everyone down. This is as close to identity fraud as I'm probably going to get. I'm hoping that from my confession I can gain understanding from you guys and when I come back with a better version of this great story you'll all love what I've made out of a couple of pesky details from my life.

So good-bye for now everyone. Any feedback you have for the new edit is greatly welcomed, and I know that although this story hasn't really had many reads, I am greatly proud of how far it has gotten. I would also be happy to answer any questions you may have about anything. I couldn't have gotten here without you.

I hope that you all check out the new and improved Rival Squad when it is perfected

xoxo Kataa