The pain

I woke up in hospital room hooked up to all these machines. I didn't want to be here. I felt like my body was going to fall apart. The hurt. The pain. The cancer..

"Ma'am where is my phone?" I asked the nurse when she came in.

"It's right there on the table ma'am" She said reaching to get it for me.

I looked at it to see some missed calls from my father and some texts from pretty eyes. I decided to call my father back because I know he will worry a lot.

"Sevyn where have you been?" He asked making me sigh.

"I went into the doctors office yesterday for a scan then the pain got too much that I couldn't move so they took me to the hospital." I said getting ready for him to worry.

"What's the room number?" He said but I heard my mom in the background asking questions. He must be here already..

"Hold on" I said then asked the nurse that was changing my medication.

"408" I said to him then he hung up. Rude...

I texted pretty eyes back. It was something about her eyes. They reminded me of the ocean I have never been to before.

I heard my door open and it was my dad.

"Child start telling me when shit goes wrong." He said pulling a chair near my bed.

"You can't ignore me the whole time." He said

"You have mother to look after, I'm fine." I said feeling some of the pain again. My whole upper body hurt and I tried to stop the tears. No crying Sevyn be the strong one...

I blinked my eyes trying to soak up all the tears But one came down anyway..

"Sev I know this is a life change but you will beat this." He said

"How do you know? I'm getting worse everyday." I said letting the tears come down. I don't care any more...

"Maybe this was meant to happen. My life wasn't supposed to be long." I said shaking my head feeling the need to punch something...

"Don't say that." He said

"I want to be alone go be with mother." I said turning away from him.