Happiness

I smile as I look at our little shack. Built with love and patience.

"It's home", I whisper smiling. I giggle quietly, and slowly stroking my swollen belly. I tilt my head as I look at the man ,who is to be my husband, cackling in thw window, just playing with the wooden doors.

"My my little one, if you become like your father, by Odin, I already know you are going to be like your father. But when you do, you'll have a father who will never leave, I suppose even when you'll marry he'll try to live with you" I whisper tenderly.

Then walk over to Floki. Few months and our pebble will arrive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smiled as I stroked my nephews head softly. Little Ubbe.

"When will the baby come?",he spoke so innocently with his sea colored eyes.

"In few moons time, Ubbe. Then you'll have to wait again, they will need to get stronger so you can play with them", I explain. I smirk as the boy begins to tap my belly grinning when he feels little nudges against his hand.

"You decided to start bullying my child before it is out of, mi womans womb", Floki snorts as he walks from behind Ubbe. Then he taps Ubbes nose "Very curious thing, just like your father"

-----------------------------------------

I sat against the furs of our bed thinking. "I am scared", I whisper as Floki strokes my hair. He looks at me with dark eyes. "you have naught to be scared of, the gods have blessed us", he says quietly.

"What if they betray us like they did with Lagertha, or with Aslaug? What if our child is deformed", I ask desperate for comfort.

"Then we will make it the strongest thing to ever live", he answers simply. His eyes have a stage of finality in them. I take a deep breath and raise myself to lie by his side. The carpenter, the shipbuilder, the viking, the father, I think as I look at him. 

"you frightened me when you poisoned Torstein", my eyes never leaving his. "I almost thought, that you would poison me too, but then I saw your eyes. They were still the same jolly eyes, yet the troubled ones of a frightened child. In that moment I knew, I wouldn't let them break you again Floki, I never will", I mutter with so much feeling that it brings tears to my eyes.

"Then we ought not to be a happy family, families are not happy"

I saw it again. The desperate young boy in the woods, looking for acceptance, yet so afraid to be broken again.

--------------------------------------------------

Slow steps I take as I reach the long house. I need to talk to Ragnar. "I did not expect to actually find you here, by him", I say slowly as I look at him sitting next to Ivar. The clear eyes of the boy, instantly bring me memories of little Ragnar.

"He looks like you", I say tenderly looking at the boy. He was my nephew, deformed or not. 

"Just like every one of them", he chuckles airily. I sit next to him and lay my head on his shoulder. 

"Hvitserk looks like Aslaug the most", I comment, "but Ubbe, Ubbe is purely made from you"I grin. 

"He is like you though, born to be the voice of reason in the siblings"He sighs sitting straighter so my head falls from his shoulder. "I hope they learn to be better brothers than me and Rollo ever were", he growls. 

I look at him sadly:"so do I, I hope they will never get you greed, or it will be their downfall"

Ragnar looks at me with sad smirk and presses his forehead to mine giving me a little sibling kiss "As it will be mine"

A/n Soon this story will go under editing, so if you have any changes that you think vital, comment or PM me :)