Chapter 3

Ok so I'm going to see if this is going to work and copy and pasting from a different document format will help the issue that is driving me bonkers. Anywho enjoy this chapter, and please take the time to comment or vote. I would love to hear from you :) 

He felt a soul in his house—shack—it was a shack Sans...it was very weak and injured. He felt them the moment the wash of magic lit the candles gently caressing the form sensing it. He played it off yawning and stretching pretending it wasn't there, curious how did someone sneak in and then decided to lock themselves in? He would have chuckled if it wouldn't have tipped the soul off.

He turned towards the couch and he heard the chair suddenly screech across the worn floor and saw the flash of white—using his magic he spun slamming the door closed to have the creature slam into it. It cried out—feminine... and curled into a ball.

"So you were under the table...cute." He growled and then felt the magic back up in his throat about choking him at the sight...a skeleton.

Calibri yelped as her head connected to the door and she collapsed the pain washed her as she huddled up into a ball—this was it—he was going to kill her! When the finishing blow didn't happen she tensed hearing his heavy booted feet draw closer. Whimpering she choked out.

"P—please—please don't hurt me."

"Depends Sugar skull who the hell are you—and why are you in my house?" he had to keep a firm voice. She jerked from the volume of it as she started to sob.

"T—they killed them—we never did anything—they killed them....they hurt me."

"Who hurt you?"

"Black demons...they attacked us for no reason."

Sans felt the wind leave he sails as he cursed under his breath and knelt by the fragile female. Her head he could see now she had been protecting it from an older injury—it was a bad crack...his first thought was that it was the resistance group.

"Black demons you say—well I'm not one of those—so sit up and let me look at you." He grunted as she did as she was told. She wasn't a child he could sense it. Maybe around nineteen. Or older he wasn't completely sure. What he did know was that she was missing an eye—probably temporary from the cracked eye socket. The crack followed the fissure of the zygomatic bone and to the temporal bone spider webbing out to look like its name sake. It looked painful...sticky purple-ish green clung to the cracks and on her fingers. One green flicked weakly in the right socket. "Wow—who would hit such an innocent thing like you—what's your name sweetheart?"

"Calibri."

"I'm Sans." He gave a weak smile. "How about we get you to the couch—I see if I can find you something to wear and eat and then we can get to the life story exchange, what do you say?"

"Uh—ok."

About two hours later Calibri was sitting in a shirt way too large for her with a large place of foot before her. It was monster food and she smiled taking eager bites of the wide variety he offered. Sans had a plate of his own and stood leaning against the room divide as she took the chair for herself. He smirked it was kind of nice having someone around again.

"So sugar skull you said you were attacked..."

She looked up her green eye flickering again—funny it had been strong a moment ago.

"Yes."

"Mind telling me what happened?"

"I—all I remember is waking up."