Chapter 10

Enjoy! 

Toriel wiped the tears from her cheeks and looked around the room eyes swollen from the anguish she was enduring. "They are gone—he took them apart then he forced me to watch as he did it—he broke them down, took their souls and kept them in containers. He made the hunters from them...subjugated so many innocent humans to that torture—I saw so many failures—so many anguished screams and pleading eyes—I had to see it all. I had to relive the death of my children a million fold."

Ara was stiff with anger—and horror. The cold chill ran up and down her spine refusing to abate. She grit her teeth, hands balled into fists. The waning fight she had left in her flared anew...Gaster had to die. He had to pay for his crimes against humanity—Papyrus was watching her as the determination started to hurt to hate he could see it transform in her eyes in her heart. He had been carrying it too...but it silently seethed in his chest.

"So we need a plan...and we need it fast." Sans spoke up, refusing to meet any of their eyes.

"It makes sense now... she asked me if she had met me before—is it possible that a part of Abagail or Daniel are still alive in them—all of them?"

They looked at her Sans flinched at the question. He knew about souls and some of the details his father had been into before he disappeared the first time. "Who knows he was into some pretty sick crap when we were young—were made from parts of him—it's where the holes come from." He tapped a finger to his palm.

Papyrus looked hurt.

"I always wondered if we were going to turn out as twisted as he was—you know since we were a part of him...as he tortured us and experimented on us—his personal lab rats; I refused I would let it happen to me or Paps—that's why I caused him anger—annoyed him and brought his hand to me...because I wanted him to regret ever giving us life."

The room had grown heavy. Sans opening up like this was rare—even Pap felt the heavy depression as it washed off him and around the room. No one spoke for a few minutes they ate in silence and when their meal was through the plates and bowls in the sink did they start to plan standing around the table.

~*~*~*~*

Calibri was assaulted on every side. Her mind under attack by the doctrine Gaster was forcing down her throat—her limited memories were going hazy—she kicked and thrashed in the tank Gaster was still in the room looking up her batch number—the lab she was from he looked it all up. Saw who prepped the samples—tampering...

He snarled. He had turncoats in his labs! He cleared the table in a tantrum and stared at the incubator that held the sample from her...someone had the audacity to tamper with the delicate balance of DNA—monster and human—it's what made her the outlier it wasn't mutation. It had to be a resistance member—they were dealt with when the resistance attacked—the lab was destroyed those who worked there were killed...slaughtered by humans who had enough determination to keep up the fight as futile as it was.

This tampering may be the reason this Hunter had "free will" that and the fact it had been exposed to his first round of failures—his sons. A deep part of him locked away truly cared for them—but the cold, clinical detached scientific mind shunned the family dynamic. Sometimes at night when sleep evaded him he had the inkling of thought that he created Sans and Papyrus because he was lonely—he never took a mate—a partner—wife whatever the proper term for it was. His work was too important for matters of the heart. Her persistence and dedication blinded him...

But each time he hurt them in the process of studying them and what made them tick he hesitated, flinched, mentally and sometimes physically—it was main reason he refused to destroy the sample he was incubating now...what the hell was wrong with him! He snarled and stormed to the cage.