Chapter 12

Woo hoo more craptastic :D read enjoy the weirdness that is this chapter. 

"We are the parts of you. I am who you were before—and this is Abagail—she is from the original batch...and then there is the other soul—an artificial monster soul—Gaster over time lost the ability to have willing participants and resulted to soul mixtures and artificial ones."

"I don't understand—you are me? But I am me... how can we be separate?"

She smiled. "Look at it this way—think of a piece of paper, a pushpin, and a cork board..."

When Calibri's expression didn't change Samantha went on. "the piece of paper is our soul, the pushpin is Abagail, and the cork board is our body... the pushpin keeps the pieces together until an outside force comes along and removed the pin letting the paper fall to the floor right?"

"Yes—so why did you show me those images before?"

"A warning—Gaster was right you were unprocessed taken out before you were ready—but that was a good thing...the artificial soul was weak because of it... and since Abagail started to take root in me—us she was starting to form a soul again...but this refinement he put you through made the artificial soul strong again—put you under Gaster's power. Its killing Abagail—and if that happens."

"We will cease to exist—but why does that matter? Gaster's forces—they are so many—I felt them all when I woke up."

"That's because of the pushpins..." she frowned. "They all talk to one another...but you are the kill switch—you can make it all stop, you have the ability to pull the pin..."

Calibri was about to ask more when there was a sudden flare of red—hot and scalding, it engulphed the two forms and knocked her out of her trance like state...she gasped jerking away from her spot on the floor, no one rushed in—she could pull the pin? Her heart was hammering in her chest. She had to get back under control—Gaster couldn't know about this...

She had a name—what else did she have before all this--

Was this all a byproduct of the mixture? Gaster had told her it was....but a hallucination/vision wouldn't be that detailed—that informative if it wasn't trying to warn her against something—she hadn't seen the outside of these wall since she was created—or if she had been she didn't remember it. She though back to the pushpin analogy—she was a kill switch. She focused on her own chest the soul inside and called it forth—the pull was a little jarring as it sat before her swirling in an odd look oil on water caught in the sun—purple and green danced on its surface...focusing she tried to separate the colors—she felt pain—intense pain. She gritted her teeth as she pulled harder—then red appeared at first she thought she damaged it but it was quick to take over flare bright in her face as if two hands jerked the soul of out her grasp and shoved them back into her chest she growled in pain and stumbled back a few steps not noticing she had an audience.

"What were you doing?" Gaster rumbled—he had seen her meddling with her own soul.

"Nothing—I was curious...on what a soul looked like."

"Well you looked enough—stop you're playing."

"Who was I before all this?" she blurted cursing her own mouth—what was wrong with her?

"What—"

"Ignore me—I am still disoriented from the processing..."

"I am beginning to wonder if the processing did the job—do I need to put you back in there?"

"No sir—"

He wasn't convinced and jerked her soul out of her body—she gasped as he looked it over it twirled in his hands...looking it over with the eyes of a hawk he saw the mixture seemed pretty stable—the determined artificial soul her batch came from seemed flared—angry—but he could see the underlying colors...hmm...he had a solution for this." he walked out of the room soul still in hand as Calibri was drug painfully behind him. Stumbling and uneasy on her feet he went to the lab table.