Chapter 13

Another craptastic chapter coming at you! I hope you enjoy this little train wreck :) 

She couldn't let him kill the remaining humans like this—this was wrong this was all wrong. Everything was wrong she was wrong and now Ara was telling her that there was nothing she could do...

"Toriel how strong is your magic?"

"I'm pretty average I would say...why."

"When Gaster first brought me here he put me in a tank to re—educate me I guess said I wasn't processed enough but I was visited by two souls—one was mine and one was Abagail...she rooted and was healing in my soul because the monster soul—the artificial one was weak...but with Gaster's meddling he made it stronger—and he put something around it—magic to keep the two souls weak...I need this barrier broken...they told me I was a key—I think I am a key to stopping something—all the hunters from my lab—we were all able to stop this but they were destroyed...I was the only one who made it.

When Sans slammed me into the ground—when he went to kill me it came back—while Gaster left me out there to die it came back to me..."

"So what do you want me to do?"

"The artificial soul stopped me when I tried to extinguish my own life...i need you to call it forth Toriel—I need to see what Gaster has done. I need help breaking the thing he put around it... I need to die."

"Y—you want me to kill you?"

"No—not right now but I need to get this barrier off before the artificial soul recovers from the fight."

"I-I will do my best." Toriel summoned her soul out of her chest as Cali winced leaning heavier on the cells bars. Her soul was a swirling mass of colors. The barrier in place was an angry snapping purple. Toriel and Ara both looked on.

"Wow this is what has been causing all the problems?" Ara spoke up getting closer to it.

"I—it makes the artificial soul—s—stronger." She grit her teeth.

"I might be able to break it. Let me try." Toriel assured and launched an attack on her soul.

The fireball collided with her soul as she dropped to her knees the pain was excruciating the purple barrier cracked... "D—do it again."

Toriel did as it started to weaken and noticed the heavy damage on the soul. "I can't I could kill you..."

"Heh that's the point but not right now...so one more time and make it count...if we don't break this barrier...I can't help the humans."

Toriel summoned up a stronger attack and it slammed head on into her soul. Cali growled getting knocked back as the soul shone brightly for a split second then shot back in her chest. She slammed into the opposing cage bars and slumped laying a hand over her exposed rib cage, she gritted her teeth and coughed magic "blood" spilled past her teeth to dribble down her chin as she squeezed her eyes sockets shut. Wow that was novel....

"Child? My child are you ok?"

"Fine Toriel..." she gave a weak smile and slowly climbed to her feet. "let me see if it worked." She summoned the blasters—at first they both shared the red hue of the eye—but it slowly faded one to green and one to purple... "T—that did it!"

"Can we even trust you?" Ara spoke up coming to the cage bars. "You might act like you want to help us—but if Gaster demands it—that damn collar on your neck will make you turn against us."

"That's why I have to act as soon as possible...he spilled his grand plan—his end game to me. All I have to do is toss a wrench into it last minute."