Two

Louis heard the text alert in his sleep, but it took him several moments for his brain to register the meaning. Groaning, he blindly reached for his device from under the covers, slapping the surface a bit until he had found it.

By the time he had it in his hands, the screen had gone dark.

Pressing the home button, he grimaced in pain as the light flooded his bunk. A couple of seconds passed before he finally squinted and read the screen.

A text from Harry.

Confused, he glanced at the time and noticed it was almost three in the morning. The curly haired companion should be fast asleep in his own bunk just a few feet away from him.

Received from Harry Styles:

Hey, Niall headed out in the storm, went to search for him. Stay in the bus and text me if he comes back.

That's when a particularly bad thunder strike hit, and Louis shot up in bed. What did Harry mean Niall went out into the storm? Why?

Sliding the curtain back, he landed softly on the floor in his socks and observed that both Niall and Harry's curtains were open, revealing empty beds. Blindly, Louis searched the wall for the light switch before finally lighting the room. Liam and Zayn were both still sound asleep.

"Hey," Louis grumbled, sleep still evident in his own voice. He knocked on the solid surfaces near each mate's head. "Get up, Niall's in trouble."

Zayn didn't move, still obviously completely knocked out, but Liam turned over and wearily opened an eye. His blankets wrapped tightly around him.

"Whaddya mean?" He murmured, looking at Louis with a frown. His Wolverhampton accent slurred.

"Don't really know. Harry's just texted me something about him going out in the storm and to be on the lookout for him here." Louis answered, reaching for the closest sweatshirt which happened to be a black Adidas that belonged to Zayn. "It sounds kinda serious out there."

Liam sat up at last, a frown evident.

"Why is Niall going out in a thunderstorm?" He asked, reaching for a hoodie himself.

"Do I look like I know? I just got up, I haven't got a clue what's happening," The older boy snapped, still tired. He moved his attention to the Bradford boy and began to gently slap his face in annoyance.

"Let me see," Liam sighed, tugging the mobile from Louis' grasp as he continued to wake his companion. He read the text message from their youngest that was still on current screen with a deepening frown.

"Harry's out there alone too?"

"I guess," Louis answered as Zayn finally blinked and glared at him. "Get up you idiot, there's a serious problem."

"Vas happening?" He grumbled unhappily noticing Liam and Louis both dressed and looking fairly upset.

"Niall went out in the storm and Harry followed, get out of bed."

Liam pulled out his own phone and rang the youngest curly haired boy, watching as Louis attempted to catch Zayn up; who was still staring at him in a semi-asleep state not quite grasping the situation.

"Boys, Harry's not answering his phone," He announced concerned. "I'm going to try Niall's."

Whilst he did that, Louis attempted to call Harry again in hopes that he had just missed Liam's call on accident. The familiar answering machine began to play and Louis gave both the boys a look.