Prologue

Here I am again.....writing another book. I'm pathetic, I know. I have a very short attention span. Plus, I already have the plot of this story laid out. Issa short story. Here we goooo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was just sitting there. Reading a thick book that has to be at least 400 pages long under the faint light of his space lamp. Cute concentrated look on his face as he pinched his bottom lip between his thumb​ and index finger.

Shit.

"You stalking him again?" I turned my head to see a grinning Nicole. She let out a laugh before sitting next to me on the roof of our apartment building.

"You almost scared me this time." I said ignoring her question, turning my attention back to him. She sighed getting comfortable beside me. Swinging her legs back forth carelessly over the ledge of the building.

"Damn what gave me away this time?" She asked, frowning playfully.

"You hit your boot on the first ladder and a penny dropped from your pocket." I said looking at her.

"How did you know it was a penny?"

Swing. Swing.

"That's all you carry, you cheap hoe." I smiled. She gasp, pushing my shoulder hard. Almost knocking me off the roof.

Our laughter died down before we looked back across the street to the only apartment with the lights on. He licked his thumb before turning the page.

Probably studying for one of his classes.

"What's he reading now?" Nicole asked handed me a bag of chips before opening her own.

"A Space Exploration book." She started snickering on a mouth full of chips.

"Neeerrd!" She mumbled, food flying out her mouth. I glared at her playfully, opening my bag of chips.

"Don't act like you're not a fifth harmony stalker." I laughed, knowing she was going to use her famous line.

"Hey, hey! We've been over this. I don't stalk them, I study them for educational purposes." I shaked my head at her.

You sit on a throne of lies, woman.

"Yeah, whatever...," I let out a sound of pure disgusted after popping a chip in my mouth. Lifting the bag to my face.

"Lays original? Seriously?"

"Not my fault. Kat ate all the hot cheetos out your secret stash." Nicole shrugged.

"That bitch. How the hell did she find it?" I asked in disbelief.

"I dunno." She finishing her bag and plucked mines out of my hand. I let out an exaggerated breath.

Un. Fucking. Believable.

"What's he reading about know? Earth and rocks and shit?"

"Technically, Earth is a rock." I corrected her. She rolled her eyes and stood up on the ledge.

"When you start saying nerd shit is when I start leaving." She said leaping off the 10 story building. Landing on her feet lightly seconds later. "Plus, my ass was starting to hurt." I told her to stop doing that. One night someones going to see us and I'm gonna have to kill them. But of course she never listens.

"What ass?" I asked, looking down at her smiling. She smiled back before flipping me off, turning to go inside.

I turned back in time to see him stretch and yawn. Taking his glasses off before turning off his lamp.

Good night, Harry.