Chapter 3:

¡Capítulo Tres! Yay!! Enjoy reading! (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 3:

Well, my life at Springville Academy has been great-- up until this point. . . I've gotten straight A's, joined the leadership committee, met lots of new people (some good, some not), etc. In the sixteen years of my life, this has probably been the happiest school life I've had. Especially, since my father's death. Probably the reason I don't remember much about his death is because I was too shocked. But, anyways, the best part of Springville Academy was meeting William.

It was my freshman year, and let's just say, I wasn't exactly the most popular girl in my grade. I had little to no self-confidence and I was pretty tired of it.

It all began at my first Springville Academy dance. I decided it wouldn't hurt anything if I went (hopefully anyways), so my friends and I got ourselves all prettied up.

That dance changed my life. . .

I met Willie.

Well, obviously, when I first got to the academy, I didn't know hardly anyone at all. About three people, whom were in our little group. So, at the dance, I almost inconceivably expected anyone to ask me to dance or even talk to me at that matter. But, to my surprise, someone did. . .

Well, actually, it's quite a long story. And, unusual too. Well, more like cheesy. . . My heels were killing me as they were settled into my light purple, two-inch-heel shoes, and that's not exactly good when you're on the dance floor. I hadn't even been dancing really, just standing around with my friends. I couldn’t take it any longer—I had to sit down or something. So I excused myself and went out of the massive ballroom (oh yes, I said ‘ballroom’. How on Earth, you must ask, did I get into a boarding school with a “ballroom”? . . . The money from the insurance and government when my father died. I didn’t want to use the money on something so silly, but my mother insisted I go to the academy instead of the normal, public high school). Well, in the grand Hall outside the Ball Room, I sat massaging my feet.

The memory comes back to me as I sit there in Willie’s house, with his family in silence. The first time I had ever seen William. As I was sitting there massaging my aching feet, a boy walking through the Hall suddenly stopped and came towards me.

“Excuse me,” he said, approaching me. “I couldn’t help notice you sitting all alone over here. Are you alright?” he sat down beside me on the elaborate bench.

He had a very fancy tuxedo on, which made him look even better. His eyes were unmistakably blue, even in the dim light. And, when I looked up at him sitting beside me, I couldn’t help but notice his sweet smile either (he was very cute. I could feel my cheeks start to burn slowly).

“I’m fine. It’s just. . . My feet are really sore.” I had said, returning his smile.

“You’re new here, aren’t you?”

“Yeah. . .”

“Are there blisters forming on your feet?”

I nodded. The boy stood up and offered me his hand. “Here, I’ll take you to the nurse’s office. She’s not here at the moment but I’m sure she wouldn’t mind us swiping a few Band-Aids, now would she?” he smiled again, and grabbed my shoes as he began to lead me down the massive staircase, then through the halls, and into another room (smaller than the other rooms but just as decorative).

I remember feeling a little awkward. And surprised. I had just allowed some stranger to lead me away from an elegant school dance, without a moment of hesitation. Had his looks deceived me? I remember wondering as I sat upon the cushioned counter in the nurse’s office, and the mysterious boy dug around in drawers. I hadn’t even known his name, what grade he was in. Nothing. And likewise for him. Yet, that didn’t seem to faze his at all. Eventually, after quite a long time of rummaging through drawers of medical equipment, and often a few giggles, he stood in front of me ripping open a Band-Aid.

“Who woulda thought a nurse would hide Band-Aids so well.” He’d joked. “Where are they at?”

One by one I pointed out the blisters on my feet, and one by one the boy placed some antibiotic cream and a Band-Aid. Once he was finished, I put my shoes back on and he helped me down from the counter.

“Is that better?” He asked once I had settled on my feet.

“Yes, thank you.” I walked around in circles, testing the feeling in my feet.

“No problem.” He glanced up at the rich clock on the far wall. “Mm. . . Hey, the dance is almost over.” He grinned. “Here, we’d better get back.”

I nodded, and once again he offered me his hand. We started to head back to the Ball Room when he suddenly asked, “Do you think you’re able to dance?”

The question actually startled me. Who was this boy? We were almost to the end of the hall near the staircase when I stole a glance at him and softly replied, “Yes.”

He asked me to be his first dance of the night. Of course I had accepted his offer (I mean, who wouldn't, right?), and when we arrived back in the Ballroom, he put his muscular arm around me and we began to sway to the music. As we did, I was informed his name was William Edenburge and, in fact, he was a freshman, just as me. After he had introduced himself, obviously I returned the favor: Katrina Windson.

We danced and swayed to the music for the rest of the dance.

What happened from then on is pretty obvious. We fell in love, started dating. And, here I sit without the presence of the warmth of his blood flowing inside him, his heart beating steadily, beside me now, and I'm heartbroken. I miss his hand entwined with mine. I look longingly at my hands as the silence expanses. Mrs. Edenburge breaks the silence, though, as she slowly stands up.

“It’s getting late; I must be getting dinner on the table. Katrina, you are welcome to stay as long as you want, dear.” She gives me a warm smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*GASP* Where's Willie?! Hehehe, not tellin' quiet yet. Please comment, vote. Thanks so much!!! :D

Hmm, what song should we post today? I know! How about this one: Nickelback- If Today Was Your Last Day. Nickelback is awesome :), and this song kinda ties back to the story ? Yes? No? Maybe so? Gah, whatever. Close enough.

~<3 Later my lovelys.

Ha.