Chapter 6:

CHAPTER 6:

Every night, we go to sleep lying to ourselves. Hoping, that in the morning, it will all be true.

Unfortunately for me, it isn't.

Just as he promised, Nick arrives at my doorstep first thing. I run to the door and answer it. I greet him with a hug, even though I know I shouldn't. Nick doesn't seem to mind, though. He hugs me back and takes my hand to lead me out the door. We walk to the Central Park to discuss how we're going to locate Willie's presence.

Well. The logical thing to do would have been to report to the police that he had gone missing. But, I don't believe anyone has done that.

What is wrong with these people?! Why didn't they report his absence? What's wrong with me?! I didn't report his missings either!

Well, I suppose that means Nick and I have a job to do.

When we arrive at Central Park, we carefully locate an empty bench between an abundance of trees and take our seats on the decorative iron finish. I hold out my phone, dialing the police's number. Nick hovers over my left shoulder, relatively close. I can feel his breath against my skin and I can see it in the cold air.

When the line picks up, I'm actually quite startled. I had been lost in the feeling and sight of Nick's breath so close to me.

"Hello?"

"Yes, hello."

"How may I help you?"

"I'd like to file a missing persons report."

"Okay, miss. What is the name?"

"William Edenburge."

"Okay, how long has he been missing?"

"Two days, I believe."

"M'kay. And relation to you? If any that is. . . "

I feel slightly awkward speaking this over the phone as Nick's breath continues to flow near my neck, and softly floats away in smoke.

"My boyfriend."

"Okay, thank you, miss. We'll be right on it."

"Thank you," I say.

Minutes late after giving details, I am off the phone. Nick puts his arm around my shoulders, squeezing me closely against his side. "See, we'll find him." he whispers into my heart. "I never break my promises."

My heart flutters with love. It's true. Nick has never broken any of his promises, especially, I know, to me.

I take another foolish risk. Dare. An act of stupidity, if you must.

I lift my lips up to Nick's cheek, and press them hard against it. Then, I slowly slide them close to his ear and whisper, "I know."

After I kiss him on the cheek and whisper that in his ear, I honestly wonder what his reaction will be.

Nothing out of the ordinary for Nick. Nick squeezes me tighter, whispering once again into my heart, "And, I never will."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote! Thank you for reading!! (:

Song of the day: Stereo Skyline- Kiss Me In The Morning. I just found that song on YouTube and OMG it's soo freaking cute!!! >.<

~Haaha, thanks again! Uploading soon!