Chapter 10:

YAY! >.< Upload!! Sorry it took so long. I haven't typed up Chapter 11 on my computer yet, so I wanted to wait a little while before I uploaded Chappie 10. So yeah. But here it is! ENJOY ! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 10:

It's supposed to be over. Done. Gone. For good. But, it's not. I haven't fully awakened from this nightmare just yet.

We end up staying in the hospital's parking lot much longer than expected. When I explode with sadness, Nick hurries out of the car and over to my side. He gently pulls me out into his arms, and slips us into the back seat, where he rocks me back and forth, trying to keep his car from flooding with my broken tears.

Finally, after I've calmed down a bit, Nick helps me out of the backseat and back into the passenger's. The ride back home is much like the ride there: a world of blurry, miscellaneous colors flying by before me.

I assume I fall into my . . . dreams along the way (how I do is beyond me), because when I awake, I'm lying in a bed, in someone else's home. One that smells so much like Nick. I pull up the covers to my mouth and breathe in the wonderful scent. Yes, it's Nick's. I lie there for a few minutes, unaware of what has just happened before I fell asleep, just taking in his scent, and feeling free once again. Free of pain. Of feeling all together. Without any numbness over-powering me.

I hear footsteps softly coming up that stairs, and beginning to defend down the hall towards me. I see a light shadow from the lit hallway cast over me, and then stop. Nick walks into the room quietly, and sits down beside me.

"Hey." he whispers, warming my heart with his words.

"Hey." I whisper back.

"My parents aren't home yet, you can rest as long as you want."

Suddenly, I realize how dark it seems outside. It's in the middle of winter, so the sun sets early and the sky is overcome with darkness soon. How long have I been asleep?

"What time is it?" I ask, fully aware it's getting late.

Nick glances over at his alarm clock on his nightstand. I look over at it too.

"6:48." he says. I gasp. "It's alright, I've already called your mom and told her you were staying over for dinner with us."

"But, you said your parents weren't home yet."

"Well, yeah. . . About that. . . "

"Where are they?"

Nick's voice has a hint of embarrassment and guilt as a boyish smile crosses his face and he quietly admits, "They went out tonight."

"I see." I say. "So, you're holding me hostage in your bedroom while your parents are out for the night, and my mother believes I'm 'having dinner'?" I ask him mockingly.

The boyish smile is replaced with a beautiful smile. "You figured it out that quickly?" Then he swoops down, and pulls me up into a firm hug. My cheek is pressed against his chest as his arms wrap around my waist and mine around his neck. "I'm so glad you’re getting back to your old self." he whispers into my hair. "I've missed you. This emotional one is getting old." his grip on my waist tightens.

And, I whisper, "Me too."

Crying isn't going to help matters. Being dramatically, emotionally unstable isn't going to either.

What I realize my biggest fear was the whole time wasn't the fact that Willie was gone, it was the fact I was afraid of losing him another way. At first, it was, but as the treturous moments drawled on, I grew closer to Nick, in a stronger way. I realize now that, although I absolutely adore Willie, I do not feel open and free around him. I realized today that, when I am around Nick, I feel a sort of loving freedom I do not feel when I am around Willie.