Chapter 8:

Yay! Finally an upload! lol. Anyways, enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 8:

I've been crying way too much.

And, Nick has been acting differently . . .

I am on my way to face my nightmares once again.

I'm in the passenger's seat of Nick's fancy car. The world flies by, making a sort of blurry painting of miscellaneous colors. My tired eyes stare at the painting numbly, my heart preparing to meet its fate.

We reluctantly arrive at the enormous, block-like hospital. The lobby inside is quite large. Open space surrounds me as I walk into the building, making me feel as if the world around me is nothing. White walls and floors. Even the desk counter where the attendant sits quietly, staring blankly into her computer screen, is a light, shiny marble.

I feel numb. My heart aches numbly. Nick walks to the desk, asking for Willie's room number. The woman dazedly gives us a room number and points in the direction of a hallway with the sign "Emergency" hanging from the ceiling.

My heart seems to have disintegrated in my chest, along with everything else inside my body. I feel as if I am simply a ghost floating through the halls, only gravity seems to be pulling down on my weightless being. The walls appear to be closing in on my mind as the weight of my brokenness rests in my body, making each step harder and harder to take.

What is only a matter of minutes feels like thousands of years when we arrive at the closed door of the room Willie is supposedly staying in. My small, shaking hand slowly reaches for the door knob. But it rests there. My hand feels like lead as it rests on the knob. Nick's warm hand is suddenly on mine. He looks down at me, comforting me through his eyes, saying it will be okay. His eyes speak to me in a way that makes my mind race, hope rushing through my veins.

We turn the knob together.

The wide door slowly creaks open, revealing a largely vacant room. The lights are turned off, making the room dim in the fluorescent-lit hallway. There is a counter top window seal right below the enormous glass windows in the corner. A bed lays against the next wall, with medical equipment scattered around it. On the opposite wall from the bed is a whiteboard, with the name 'William Edenburge', written on it.

And there Willie sits, sleeping soundly in the hospital bed. Nick and I stand in the doorway staring blankly inside. Nick softly rubes his fingers against mine, as if he wants to entwine them with mine. Magic twinkles through my heart, and suddenly my hand is folding into his.

"Oh, it’s okay, you can go in. You can walk him up too, that's fine. Is he one of your guys' brother or something?"

Nick and I simultaneously look back to find a little blonde nurse behind us and immediately we unlock our hands, hoping she didn't see them.

"No, he's my boyfriend." I say, brushing against Nick and walking over to the bed. Nick starts to follow, but turns on his heel. "Thank you." he says, and slowly closes the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phew. That took long enough to upload! Haa... Sorry it's so short. I think it's like Chapter 10 that's a lot longer... Anyways, I hope you like!

Please vote and comment!

Don't forget about YouTube!

Song of the Day: Hmm... Let's see. . . Glad You Came by The Wanted! OMG, I love this song, I've had it stuck in my head!

"I'll take you by the hand. Hand you another drink. Drink it if you can. Can you spend a little time? Time is slipping away. Away from us so stay. . . " And yeah, that's all I got. :D

~ Anyways, BYE! LOVE YA! THANKS SO MUCH!

<3