Chapter 13

"Rokudou," Sanjuurou said one day during breakfast. "After lessons today, could you not be in our room?"

"Eh?!" Rokudou exclaimed. "A-Are you finally kicking me out?"

"Don't worry, Momiji-kun," chibi Krishna said solemnly. "I'll fend for both of us. I won't let you sleep in the hallways!"

"That's not what I mean!" Sanjuurou snapped, glaring at chibi Krishna. He exhaled heavily. "My sis wants to video call me this afternoon. She's going to introduce me to some influential family related to the government."

"What for?" Aira asked before smiling gently at Rokudou. "It's okay, Rokudou-kun! You and Krishna can come over my room! We can study together."

Sanjuurou sighed again. "... for marriage."

"?!"

Misaki, who was taking a sip of her drink at that time, started spluttering. The four of them looked at her helplessly as she coughed.

She lifted the back of her hand to her mouth, eyes widened and face paled. "Marriage?!"

* * *

During lunch, Sanjuurou sighed again.

"That's a lot of sighing, even for you, Hinata-kun," Rokudou said, sweatdropping.

"Misaki has been avoiding me ever since morning," he grumbled. "She totally ignored me during classes, and she's not even here now!"

On cue, the table glanced at the empty seat usually occupied by Misaki.

Mino and Noa, who decided to join the group for lunch that day, shared a look between themselves before shaking their heads in unison.

"Hardly surprising," Noa said, her head in her hand in exasperation. "... considering the bombshell you dropped this morning."

"Oh? You guys know about it too? Word travels fast."

"I... told Noa-chan about it," Aira said sheepishly.

Sanjuurou sighed, yet again. "Still, going to library just to avoid having lunch with us... that's a bit extreme."

Noa and Mino shared a look again, rolling their eyes at how oblivious their friend was.

Noa grimaced. "Look, Sanjuurou, why don't you try using your brain on things that matter for once?"

* * *

That afternoon, Misaki laid on her bed, staring aimlessly at the ceiling. After avoiding her group of friends (acquaintances, she would correct) for the whole of classes, she went straight to her room, flopping on her bed without bothering to change or empty her bag.

She absentmindedly twirled her hair as she thought, 'Marriage, huh?'

A knock on her door jolted her from her senses. Annoyed by Sanjuurou's news since the morning and annoyed that she was being disturbed, she flung the door open with a glare.

"M-Misaki-chan?" Rokudou gulped.

Her glare softened upon seeing it was only Rokudou. "... Aira's room is at the other wing. Now if you'll excuse me –"

She made a move to close her door.

Rokudou hurriedly protested. "I'm looking for you! Hinata-kun wanted you to go to our room."

Slightly confused by the turn of events, she bid Rokudou a simple farewell as he went off to Aira's room. She quickly navigated her way to room 206, rapping her knuckles against the door three times.