Moments

••••

She thought back on how it all began. She couldn't remember the exact moment he ceased to be insignificant in her small but hectic life.

She couldn't count back to the second he had become her everything.

She guessed it wasn't really one exact moment but instead many small fragments of lost or broken memories that all knitted together to form him.

She had once read that one could love another with every cell in their body and each day when the cells would shed and reform, the cells would love the other even more.

It had seemed absurd at the time but as the days turned to months she came to realised just how much her cells had begun to love.

With every laugh, every text, every look, her heart fell deeper and deeper in love. She was waiting for the day the fall would end and her heart would reach the earth and smash to smithereens but until then she would continue to wait.

Pointless texts became her favourite time of day. Accidental brushes as she walked along the corridors sent sparks through her spine. His smiles made her weak. His laugh, his everything. All the little things she hadn't noticed before became the things she'd recognise anywhere.

Now, everyday her love renews, with Xs and Os, pretty words and secret smiles and every time she thinks back to how it all began she remembers this;

love isn't a single moment. Love is a hectic pattern of memories and events merged together into one.

Like her soul and his.

For as long as she falls.

••••

Hey guys,

I hope you're all enjoying this anthology so far. If you have any ideas or poem requests or something just let me knowwww here?>>>

Thank you all so much for all the votes and comments, keep it up guys❤️😌

Until next time,
CGMT11 xxx