Ch. 2

"Kimber!" I yelled, walking in the house and throwing my stuff on the floor.

She ran down the stairs with Zoey on her tail. Zoey was our other sister. As oldest child, she's four years older then me and only one year older than Kimmy. She was the one who took care of us when we ran away and started lives of our own

"Heyoo, how's my favorite bad girl?" Zoey asked, ruffling my hair as she walked by.

"I'm doing good, how 'bout you?" I said, as she opened the fridge to find something to eat.

"The normal," she said, pulling leftover cake out of the fridge. "Want some?"

"No, I'm good," I replied with a smile. I have a lot of fights tonight and I don't want to get sick."

Zoey gave me an understanding look before Kimmy cleared her throat, reminding us she was still there.

"Zo, aren't you fighting tonight too?" Kimber asked her.

"Yeah, but I only have three fights and they're all easy people," she replied with a shrug.

"Kimmy?" I asked.

"Yeah?" She replied looking at me.

"I haven't seen you in the ring for a while, when is you're next fight.

She immediately she looked to ground trying to avoid eye contact with me.

"Please tell me you're not babying your wrist still," I said with a concerned tone. She had injured it in a fight a while ago and is still trying to get it to heal. 

"I'm not!" She said too quickly.

"Kimberly" I whine. "I told you to go to the doctor ages ago!"

"I know, but I got busy," she replied, looking down, still trying to not look at me.

"Kimmy, fighting is our income, if you can't fight then we can't afford this place!" I argue back, desperately trying to get her to see my side.

"She has a point," Zoey piped in. "Anyways I'm going to go downstairs and practice."

Zoey left the room and went down to the practice room, leaving me and Kimber alone.

"I'm gonna go with her," I say turning on my heel and going up the stairs to change.

As soon as I got to the safety of my room I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. How could she do this to us? This was the only money we earned and half of it came from her.

I quickly changed and headed to the kitchen to fill up a water bottle for myself.

I turned when I heard footsteps from behind me.

"Umm, Cam," Kimber started. "I'm sorry."

I gave her a weak smile letting her know it was ok and headed downstairs to train with Zoey.

I opened the door just in time to watch her put a hole through the wall.

"Zoey!" I exclaimed in shock.

Her dark brown eyes went wide as if to suddenly realize what she had done.

"I'm so sorry!" She said, cursing under her breath. "It's been a rough first day,"

I walked over to her and wrapped her in a hug to comfort her. After a few seconds I felt a wet spot on my shoulder and realized she was crying. I hugged her a bit harder before letting go and holding her arms.

"How about we take it out on these punching bags instead of the wall, ok?" I suggested.

"Ok," she said laughing a little bit and wiping away her tears.