eight°

my thoughts went crazy in my head as i lied down to sleep that night. i didn't understand anything. how in the holy depths of tartartos could dahyun be in love with me?

we had met not even a day ago, for not even a day, and now she was gone. just. gone.

i let a finger run against my lips. the electricity of the night before shot from my lips through my fingers and reached my eyes. they immediately filled up with tears and i rolled over to my left.

what was i going to do? this was all my fault. with my hand shaking like a leaf I reached out for my phone. i started it, pressed the icon for contacts, then pressed on a name.

"hello?"

"hey, it's me, sana. um, can we talk?

"oh, risu! hi!" joy sounded happy now that she knew who i was, and her voice was lightly dripping with alcohol. "let me just go outside."

the noise behind her faded away and then a door closed. i bit my lip. i hadn't even thought out what to say or how to explain all of this.

"so, what's on your heart sweetie?" she said, which made me tear up even more. i blinked hard to make the tears stay put behind my eyelids.

"it's... i... dahyun is missing." the words sounded even more horrible than in my head. joy was quiet for a while, then she spoke, her voice shaking as bad as my hand.

"what do you mean she's gone?"

i told her the entire story, just the way taehyung had told me it a couple of hours ago. all about the note and what she had said to him before leaving. she cried on the other side of the speaker, I could hear it even though she tried to hide it.

but when i finished the story with telling her about the "better life" thing, she stopped her small wines.

"did you say to better life?" she gasped with such breathlessness in her words that i thought someone had stole her lungs for a second.

"yes..?" i said carefully. "why, do you know something about it?"

"sana, how fast can you get to jennie's house?" my mind spun faster and faster. what was happening.

"it takes about ten minutes to walk, i think?"

"good." she said, her voice now filled with something challenging. "try running, and you'll be here in five. pack some essentials in a backpack."

she must've noticed my confused silence, she pushed the phone closer to my mouth and spoke decisively.

"i know where she is."

a/n: i'm sorry for this being so short, but i'm soooo tired.

i spent today in stockholm, since it was sthlm pride! it was magical.

also, i feel like i've ruined this book?

love always ♥︎

edit; I TOTALLY FORGOT THE FACE REVEAL SHIIIT

anyway here i am...

mkay bye