/8/ Symphonies Last Night

Story # 8

We decided to buy coconut juice in the beach one night. We were together, walking through the smooth sand and the soothing seawater.

The night was so mellow and quiet, perfect for people who seeks emotional pleasure and caress. You were silent, so was I.

The waves started to creep onto my feet. It was cold and soft. The sand made it more refreshing so was being with you this night.

None of us dared to break the silence and the hug that nature gives. I wish we could be like this-- forever. Even if we won't talk for several hours, I could still feel the warm love inside our hearts.

It's not yet close to our destination when we decided to stop walking for a moment. You faced the rolling sea. I stared at you and realized how lucky I am to be with you at this point.

At a quick sudden, I also faced the sea as I adore everything that happens to me right now. Your figure was in the right side of my peripherals and my senses can feel that you're staring at me.

My heart started pounding so fast that eventually made me froze in my position. The way you stared at me-- it was so refreshing and rejuvenating. I felt so relieved. How I wish I could feel this way every second.

As the time flies and we are together, the beats became louder. Not just our heartbeats, but the beat of our favorite song. You gazed from left to right, finding where the music is coming from. I knew that you are eager to see and groove along the music.

You walked away from me, and nearer to the song. Somehow I felt abandoned. I followed you and I heard the song became louder. We ran even if the sand makes it hard for us to move swiftly. I know you want to make it until the chorus part, so we ran despite of the people around.

Here we are, at the very scene. People were banging their heads and groove along. There were groups of boys and girls chatting with each other, friends doing funny poses, and people singing along.

I got amused of the people around me that I forgot that I was with you. I looked around me and lost you. You are nowhere to be found. Where in this place can I see you? There are so many people, so loud music. The chorus is almost there. I want to hear it with you.

I looked from right to left, you weren't there. I looked in the front and back, but I cannot find even your shadow.

Somehow, I felt lonely. I heard our most favorite part alone. Without you. It should be a happy song! The end of the song is coming nigh, and yet, there you are. Nowhere to be found.

Since the song is almost over, I decided to leave the place. The last part is already playing and still, you are not beside me.

The song ended. So was my happiness. So was my reminiscence. I walked towards the sea and felt the water gush onto my feet. I can still hear the last melody playing over and over in my head. I just can't get rid of that song-- OUR song.

I sang along with the song inside myvhead and tried to cheer myself up. I also grooved as if I'm at a party.

Suddenly, I felt a warm hand on my waist. I knew whose hand is that.

It was yours.

I looked at my back and saw you smiling.

You sang the last line of the song and then showed me a necklace with a music note pendant.

"Wear this, for you will remember me even if I'm not with you."

You placed the necklace onto my neck and I saw the necklace twinkle as if it's a star.

I hugged and thanked you for this. For the feelings. For the memories. For everything.

Together with the nightsky, rolling sea and playful melodies, let us be like this always.