This Life - Connor x Reader

I walked down the pathway, a black and yellow shall wrapped tightly around my shoulders as the crisp air enveloped me. I breathed in the winter air and smiled; I loved this time of year. The branches covered with crystallized ice, making everything look so magical and the plains covered in white blankets of snow.

The Homestead was home to me. Originally from Cambridge, Massachusetts, my father, Samuel Adams, had brought me up on his own. He'd always say, "Not bad for man like me to bring up a beautiful and intelligent woman." I'd always laugh at the statement; Father was always so proud.

I didn't know my mother as she died shortly after I was born; father rarely spoke of her. But I never wondered; Father did more than enough to provide and care for me.

I smiled, I'll have to write to him. Maybe Connor and I would be able to visit soon?

My attention had shifted the moment I heard someone call my name, "(Y/N)!"

I looked down to see Miriam, Norris and my loving husband, at the bottom of the path.

I resumed my pace, walking down the steps towards them, "You two seem to be in good cheer, am I missing something?" I asked, reaching Connor as he placed his hand on the small of my back while I faced the beaming couple.

"We're getting married!" Norris cried, clearly overjoyed.

"Oh, congratulations! I'm so happy for the two of you!" They were quite cute for each other.

"Thank you, (Y/N)! We do want to ask... Would... You mind if Connor walks me down the aisle? To give me away?" Miriam asked shyly.

"Of course not! Miriam, it's the least we could do for you. Have you a dress yet?" I asked

"That was something else I wanted to-" I held up my hand.

"Say no more, I'd be happy to help you" I parted from Connor for a moment and approached the couple, giving them each a hug, "I'm so happy for you two"

"Thank you, (Y/N). We should get going, Norris, we still have much to do, can you help me with my dress tomorrow?" She asked.

"I'm all yours" I replied.

She smiled, "Perfect, we'll see you both tomorrow!" And with that, they left.

I giggled softly as I walked back over to Connor and leaned my head against his chest, watching the two love birds walk down the path, "Do you remember when we were so excited to get married?" I looked up at my husband as he smiled.

"I do" he leaned down and kissed my temple, "I am happy for them"

I hummed in agreement, "Me too" I pulled away slightly and looked up to him, "Do I get to have you for the rest of the day?" I asked.

"I'm all yours" he mimicked what I said earlier. I giggled, taking his hand as he gently squeezed mine in his grasp as we walked along the Homestead.

"When do you think we'll be able to see my father next?" I asked.

"How about once Norris and Miriam wed and all the festivities are over, we can head for Boston?" He suggested.

"Hmm, that sounds lovely. I do miss him, and, being his only child and daughter, I'm sure he misses me as well" I replied.

Realization dawned on me shortly after as I stopped walking for a moment, causing Connor to stop as well, looking at me with concern.

"(Y/N)?" He prompted.

A sad smile crossed my lips, "...It's a shame" I began to say.

"What is?" He asked, a little confused.

I sighed, shaking my head, "No. Forget what I said" I wasn't sure if Connor was ready to hear what I had to say.

"No, what troubles you?" He wasn't going to let it slide.

"It... It's a shame that... Your father never realized the errors of his ways... He could have had a happy life with you and your mother... And be a grandfather to our future children" I remembered the moment Connor had walked through the door of the Manor with the look on his face, after he had killed Haytham.

I could see he was conflicted.

On the one hand, his father left his mother, allowed Charles Lee to burn down their village that resulted in Ziio's death and left him an orphan. Connor would always resent his father for letting that happen.

On the other, I could see he mourned. I'm sure he wondered what might have been... What having a true father must feel like.

I apologized, "I'm sorry, I didn't-" by Connor shook his head.

"You have no reason to apologize, (Y/N)" he began with a small smile, gently pulling me towards him, "As much as I imagined what life might have been like; had my father stayed with my mother... I'm happy with the life I've been given... The life I'm able to have with you"

A loving gaze replacement my forlorn features as I moved closer and reached up to his lips, connecting mine with his in a sweet kiss. I pulled away shortly after, but stayed close, "Konnorónhkwa, Ratonhnhaké:ton" I spoke in his native tongue, "I'm happy to have the life I have with you as well... And I know, you'll be an amazing Father when the time comes" I said.

"Konnorónhkwa, (Y/N)" he replied, effortlessly, "And I'll be there, every step of the way, our children will never be alone"

--------------------------------------------------

*This was a shirt one but I was thinking a possibly making a mini series with Connor, following the Tyranny of Washington storyline... We'll see though!