Chapter 16: Secrets

McKenzie awoke to the bright Los Angeles sun shining through the open window. She must have neglected to shut the curtain the previous night before falling asleep. While blinking a few times to adjust to the blinding light, she sat up and stretched, instinctively holding the sheets up to cover her naked body. Suddenly, McKenzie forgot her momentary blindness and the fact that her head was spinning from finishing sitting up so fast. Tom was beginning to stir next to her, probably due to all the movement. McKenzie's lips curled into a smile as he struggled to sit up, being blinded himself.

"Good morning," he groaned, still half asleep in a husky voice.

"Morning." McKenzie couldn't contain her excitement. 

Tom noticed the tone of her voice and gave her a quizzical look. "What?" He questioned.

"Do you realize what we did last night?"

"We had sex?"

"We had sex!" 

McKenzie sunk back down onto her pillow, pulling the sheet over her head so that she could secretly squeal like a little school girl with the biggest smile on her face. She could hear Tom chuckling and then suddenly the sheets were pulled away from her face, revealing her smile to him. Of course, Tom's face mirrored McKenzie's in excitement. How could they not feel this way? Tension had been growing between the pair ever since they had met up. Hell, ever since the phone call. It had only been a matter of time before something major happened and it happened the previous night. 

Tom reached over and grabbed McKenzie, pulling her on top of him. She placed her hands on his bare chest, looking directly into his eyes. She had to make sure that this was real and not a one time thing that Tom got and then left her for. That had happened too many times before to not make certain his feelings. If it was real, McKenzie would be giving up so much to continue. Her marriage, new career, and child's life were at stake due to her choice... her magnificent and exhilarating choice; her choice that she would never, ever regret in a million years.

"Are you happy?" He whispered.

"Of course I'm happy. Don't you see me smiling like an idiot?" McKenzie smiled with a bit more exaggeration.

Tom chuckled while placing a piece of McKenzie's hair back behind her ear, his fingers brushing against her cheek. "You just look distracted, that's all. I want to make sure that you don't get upset. The last thing I want to do is hurt you."

Suddenly, McKenzie realized she didn't need to ask any questions. Tom and Rob were completely different people and she had always known that. Rob ruined things while Tom only made them better. She had been nothing but happy the past two months and the man she was laying on was the cause of that, not her husband. Time didn't do anything to the relationship at all between McKenzie and Tom. They picked up right where they had left off without even realizing it. 

"I don't know if I ever told you this last night, Tom, but I love you."

Much like the previous night, Tom replied by kissing her. It seemed like round two was about to happen if it hadn't been for the key lock to the door making the noise that announced someone was entering the room. McKenzie looked over at the clock; the housekeeping shouldn't be coming yet. McKenzie rolled off Tom and sat up, holding the sheets up to cover herself. Tom also sat up and together they watched nervously at who was entering the hotel room. Neither one of them thought of the possibility of getting dressed.

"Kenzie, where are you? You needed to be at the limo fifteen minutes ago to head to the radio show."

"Shit," McKenzie whispered as she jumped out of bed to get a robe before Devon saw what was going on in her bedroom.

"Kenzie, seriously - oh! There you are. Where were you?"

"Sorry, Dev, I was, uh, just about to jump in the shower. I over slept."

"I didn't see you at the after party last night. Were you there late?"

"No, I actually left, um, kinda early, but I stayed up watching T.V."

"Well, hurry up and get ready. Where's Tom? Still sleeping?"

"Yeah, I think so. Unless he snuck out on me."

"Okay, well, you get in the shower and I'll pick you out a nice outfit, even though no one will see it."

"No, don't go in my room! It's a mess!"

"Oh how messy... can... it... be... Hello."

McKenzie hadn't been able to grab Devon fast enough and now here he stood, staring at Tom Felton who was naked in McKenzie's bed. He turned back to his client who smiled innocently. Devon gave her a look that he only gave when he was seriously mad at someone and that almost never happened. He glanced down at her hands. The ring was off. McKenzie noticed what he was doing and quickly moved her hands behind her back, playing with them nervously.

"He sure snuck out on you, McKenzie. He snuck right under your covers. Get ready and come down. Alone."

"Devon, seriously it isn't that big of a deal."

McKenzie was away from Tom again and standing in the doorway with Devon, both of them beginning to talk in hushed tones. 

"Not that big of a deal, huh? Wow, I always thought that cheating on someone, especially your spouse, was a big deal to you. But it seems like you just partook in a double cheating. How do you think Miss Jasmine back in England will feel when Tom tells her."

"Her name is Jade."

"I don't fucking care what her name is. I care about what kind of shit you are getting yourself into. You are my client. Not Tom, not his girlfriend, you. God dammit, McKenzie. Sam and I work our asses off to try and make you look like such a role model and this is how you repay us? Do you know how much shit we had to go through to make it seem innocent that you were taking another man to the premiere last night? The minute we found out we started planning. All those magazine articles, Access Hollywood, and TMZ reports... we took care of all of those so your ass was saved. And just because we love you, we saved pretty boy's ass a few times too." McKenzie was beginning to tear up now. Why wouldn't her eyes just stay dry for a day or two? "At this point, you can do what you want with your love life because you made it obvious where you stand - hope you don't lose your rings by the way - but I want you to know, I will not be the one to let the word get out. That is up to you and your new British bon bon."

"We aren't going to tell anyone. It's our secret."

"I know your new to the whole show biz thing, hun, but how well do you think secrets are kept in Hollywood?"

McKenzie knew exactly how well secrets were kept in Hollywood and kept her mouth shut. Devon raised his eyebrows at her in a see-what-I-mean way and then opened the door.

"It's up to you at this point, hun. Your secret's safe with me until you do something about it."

Devon left the room and McKenzie was left in a state of utter confusion over what to do now. Damn Hollywood. It ruined everything.