Chapter 1

Someone or something knocked on my window at 12 o'clock in the morning. I froze, Holding my breath. Waiting for a sound. Nothing. But then I heard it. It sent shivers down my spine. "Alaina."
The sound of his weak voice still caused a pain to shoot through my chest.

I slowly made my way outside. The cold winter breeze hitting my cheeks. There he was. His frail body leaning by the gate.

"Finn, what are you doing? You should be at home resting. You know what the doctor said about-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Doctor this, doctor that. I'm not dead yet. But I have one last little thing on the list to do. "

The list. The 10 things Finn wants to do before he dies. Morbid, yes but that is Finn for you.

"Ah the legendary list of yours. Please enlighten me."

"Well, my dear friend. Before Steve finally wins this battle I would like to complete this list by going on a midnight stroll on the beach with my lovely bestfriend. Care to join me ma'am?"

Steve. Steve is the cancer. Finn has leukaemia. He named it Steve, he thought that Steve sounded better than cancer.

"Steve isn't going to win Finn."

"Well we better go. Midnight is almost up" he rushed off avoiding the subject. Not mentioning Steve again for the rest of the night.

That was the last time I saw Finn as healthy as he could be giving the circumstances. He went down hill after that. All too quickly.