part 8

Karas p.o.v

"we just had sex." Adam says. We're laying on his bed.

"yeah." is all I say. Adam has a big smile on his face.

"You have no idea how happy you made me. I wanted to do that ever since we met." he says. I kiss his cheek.

"I love you Kara." he whispers. I wrap my arms around him, pulling us closer together. I try to get up to put my clothes back on. Adam grabs my arm and pulls me back on the bed. "your not going anywhere." he says.

"do you think your mom heard us?" I ask.

"she's a heavy sleeper." I kiss him again.

Adams p.o.v

I could not believe I just had sex with the girl of my dreams. The girl I dreamt about every night, the girl I write songs about, the girl I fell in love with when I met her. I couldn't be happier. Kara rolls over on her back. I am on my hands and knees over her. She bites her lip, and looks me over. "God your sexy." she says. We kiss.

"Wanna go again?" she says. I massage her breasts and she moans. Once I stop, we lay in each other's arms, our naked bodies pressed together. We stare into each others eyes for a while, then Kara says, "Adam. I might have to leave. My mom is thinking about moving again. to another state."

"Kara. you can't leave. No." I protest.

"it's not a definite thing yet, I just thought you should know."

"is that why we had sex? Because you might leave?"

"no! I love you Adam."

"have you told anyone else that you might leave?"

"no."

"when will you?"

"when I know if I'm moving or not."

"Wherever you go, Kara, I'll always love you."

"I don't know if I'm leaving Adam."

"I hope you aren't. It would kill me not to see your face every day."

"I love you."

"I love you too Kara. More than you know." Nobody says anything, then we fall asleep.

The next morning Kara and I go downstairs. My mom is standing in the kitchen. She knows what happened. I can tell by the way she's staring at me.

"we're going to Jesses. by mom."I say

"thanks for letting me stay." Kara says. we leave the house.

Jesses p.o.v

Adam and Kara come over. Adam seems happy. too happy.

"Hey Adam." I say, "hi Kara."

"Hey Jesse." she says. Adam doesn't say anything. He just stares at Kara.

"Adam, can we talk." I say and we walk away from Kara.

"what?" he says.

"Why are you with Kara? I know you both left after I did."

"She stayed the night."

"But why are you smiling so much?"

"I'm in a good mood." he looks at Kara and bites his lip.

"What happened last night?"

"Kara came over."

"I know that. And?"

"And?"

"What happened between you two last night."

"nothing."

"So you're saying that Kara spent the night and absolutely nothing happened."

"yeah."

"Adam! You can't keep your hands off her! tell me what happened!"

"ok fine. We made out a little and..." he stops.

"and what?"

"I don't think I should tell you. You'll just get mad at both of us."

"Is it that bad? Wait! Did you...."

"Don't tell Kara I told you but we had sex."

"Adam!"

"What?"

"Why?"

"if she said she wanted to fuck you, would you say no?!"

"I can't believe you." I go over to Kara. I give her a very passionate kiss and go back to my room.

Karas p.o.v

"What was that for?" I ask myself.

"I don't know but I want to know why he kissed my girlfriend."

"Adam we're not dating."

"after all that? after last night we're not together still?!"

"Adam that was just for fun I mean it DID have lots of meaning but I don't want to be in a relationship."

"So last night was just for fun? you didn't want to do any of that?!"

"of course I did! I really did and don't think about it as just some fun! I really like you Adam but-"

"but what?"

"I like Jesse too and I can't choose between you two!"

"I obviously like you more than you like me. You know what! You can go with Jesse and love him! I'm not going to try to get you to be with me! I love you! but you'll never love me back. We are DONE. I don't want to see you again. Go ahead and move! I'm sick of you doing this to me! we have some fun and then you act like it never happened and like you don't have feelings for me! I love you Kara but you're never going to feel the same way. goodbye. Go fuck Jesse and tell him you don't want to be with him either!" I'm crying now.

"Adam no! I love you! I really do! I just haven't had the courage to say it! I will be with you! just don't leave!"

"You don't mean that! You don't love me! Good bye!" I lean against the wall and sink down to the floor. I burry my face in my knees and cry. Jesse comes out.

"Kara? what's wrong." he asks.

"You! I love you and Adam and know he's gone!" I storm out and go home.

My mom is gone. I run into the bathroom and open the medicine cabinet. I open a bottle of pilles. 80 pills left. That should be enough.

Adams p.o.v

I drive my car to a bridge. Almost nobody is there. I stand on the edge and stare down into the water.