part 13

Kara's p.o.v

I've been living with my grandparents for almost a year now. I still miss them so much.

I lay in my room and listen to the radio. I'm thinking about Adam, Ryan, Jesse and Mickey. I wish I was back in LA with them. I hear a familiar voice coming from the radio station singing, ' As we kicked around downtown waiting for the sun to rise.... we watched the clouds take the shape of a Chevrolet. And the way that I am feeling is the color of my lovers eyes. She caught me looking in the other way thinking finally of our better days...'

"Oh my god!" I was so happy! I was hearing Adam singing on the radio!

The song finished playing and the radio announcer said, "That was 'The Great Getaway' by this new band called Kara's Flowers. Then---"

I turned it off. People knew that Kara's Flowers existed. They were more than just a garage band now.

             -------  4 years later-------- 

I was watching a talk show on TV and the host said, "We're here with Adam Levine and Jesse Carmichael from Maroon 5." the audience clapped. I screamed. I was so excited and happy. "Welcome to the show guys." the host says.

"Great to be here." Jesse says.

"So you just released a new song. Tell me about that."

"She Will be Loved." Jesse says.

"We felt really confident writing that song. We felt like it would be a huge hit and it was. Which is amazing." Adam says.

"Congratulations. that song really is great." says the host.

"Thank you."

"So how did you choose the name Maroon 5?"

"We can't tell you." Adam says.

"It's a secret." Jesse comments.

"Can you say something about how you choose the name?"

" Well there's five of us." Adam says.

"Hence the '5' in Maroon 5." Jesse adds.

"Well what about the name Kara's Flowers? that was the band before you were Maroon 5 right?"

"yeah. Kara's flowers was really just a garage band." Adam explains.

"What about the name?"

"Kara was a girl in high school. Love ya Kara!" Jesse says looking at the camera.

"A girl in high school?  But why her?"

"Everyone in the band had a crush on Kara. And our band didn't have a name. Kara really liked our music and we named the band after her." Adam says.

"Very nice. Well that's all the time we have.  Big thanks to all our guests today."

I was so proud of the guys!