12 | twelve

[a/n: i know it feels like forever since i've updated, but my instagram account has been doing way better than i ever thought it would, so if you guys could give it a follow @spidxrboy, that'd be awesome. anyway, enjoy this super short chapter!]

"peter?"

the shy fifteen-year-old's voice came over the phone. "wha - oh, h-hi, lucy," he stammered.

"can we...talk?" lucy's voice was soft. 

peter felt his heart clench in anxiety for the coming minutes. "uh, sure, what do you wanna talk about?"

lucy sighed. "i'm sorry that meeting didn't go very well."

peter shrugged. "it's okay, i wasn't expecting it to be perfect, i mean...we met over the phone."

"yeah, i guess you're right." she let out another breath. "i was just thinking...do you want to meet again? but, like, without liz? so it's just us?"

his response came almost immediately, surprising both of them. "yeah, of course." he cleared his throat, and then answered again, trying to be nonchalant. "um, yeah, i'd be into that."

lucy tried to hide her grin. "okay, uh, how about on saturday, around lunch? same place." 

"alright," he agreed, "i'll be there."

there was a beat of silence before peter said, "i can't wait for saturday."

the teenage girl on the other end of the call smiled softly, though he couldn't see it. "me neither." she took a breath, shaking herself out of the small trance, and said, "okay, i should probably get some homework done, i'll talk to you later?"

peter nodded. "yeah, okay."

when the line went dead, peter held the phone up against his ear for a few moments, just listening to the sound of absolutely nothing.

standing up and putting his phone away, he jumped when he saw his aunt may staring at him, a dishcloth hanging over her shoulder, her hands on her hips and a suspicious glint in her eye. 

"who was that?" she asked. "and don't say it's ned, because if it was ned, i'd be hearing a conversation about star wars, or something math-related." she cocked an eyebrow. "who're you talking to, pete?"

peter gulped. oh, crap.

[a/n: petey's been caught! hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, even though it was definitely long overdue. muah!]