A new magic (27)

I took a deep breath, gripping my sword tightly. I slowly stepped forward, trying not to make a sound, my knuckles when white as I gripped the sword tighter, trying to keep my nerves down. I exhaled slowly, bringing my arm up above my head and slicing through the figure in front of me with one clean slash. Bit of it falling all around me, littering the floor.

It didn't make a single sound as it fell to the ground, dead. "Good work Y/N, that scarecrow didn't stand a chance," Gray laughed as he picked a piece of hay of the ground, before flicking it away.

"Yeah, well I did what you said and imaged it to be someone else," I sighed as I snapped the ice sword over my knee, melting it into nothing but a puddle of water.

"Now, I'm thinking we move onto moving targets? How do you feel about that?" He asked as he kicked the useless ball of hay to the side.

"I'm already fine with swords, Erza taught me a few years back." I groaned as I played with my hair. "As much as I hate to admit it, you're better at ice make magic and I need help with that."

"You're already Ice wizard, Y/N." I may be an ice wizard, but I'm a dragon slayer. My only spells are;

- Ice dragon's iron fist.

- Ice dragon's roar.

- Ice dragon' claw.

- Ice dragon's frost moon.

They may be strong spells, but they're all I really know and when fighting other dragon slayers, they're practically useless. My plan is if I learn ice make magic I can combine the spells into something that no one has ever seen before!!

"Yeah, but I want to learn how to make things! Like you!" I whined as I grabbed his arm, clinging to it.

"I guess I can try to teach you, but it's not ready to learn... most people have to be born with it," He sighed as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Well, lucky I'm not most people!" I laughed as I stood up, in a power pose.

"That's for sure," He laughed too as he looked at me, "Okay, what's the worst that could happen." He finally gave in, causing me to scream and hug him in joy.

"THANNKKK YOOOUU!!" I hugged him tighter as I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

"Don't thank me yet, I don't even know if this will work," He laughed as he pried me off his shoulders. "I have to know, do you want to know this so when you fight Nat-,"

"Don't say his name," I spat, my happy persona melting away in an instant.

"Okay, let's just start," He sighed, instantly dropping the subject. "Just close your eyes." I did exactly that, my world instantly going dark. "Now, I'm going to place an ice-object in your hand, I need to you imagine it in your mind."

I felt something cold drop into my hands, I felt it, it was curved at the top and sharp at the bottom. Instantly knew what it was and envisioned it in my mind. "Okay, I've got it in my head."

"Good, now I want you to imagine that object sitting in front of you. It may be hard, but – oh my god," He started to explain before he cut himself off. I opened my eyes to see what all the fuss was about, the heart that Gray gave me was still sitting in my hands but in front of me, was a cracked, black heart. "I've never seen black ice before." He muttered in shock.

"Well, I'm one of a kind," I laughed as I picked it up, I felt a shiver course through my body, it was a new feeling, but not an unwelcomed one.

"Congratulations, you are officially an Ice make wizard," He laughed as he scratched the back of his neck. "This is the fastest I've ever seen someone pick this up."

"Well, I'm already an ice wizard, as you said earlier." he simply laughed sightly as shook his head before he looked at me again.

"Okay, I'm going to get you to close your eyes and think of anything you can think of," He smiled as he took the hearts away from me. I closed my eyes, trying to think of something new. I felt my mind drifting back to last night, I whimpered and felt a tear slide down my face. "Y/N! Y/N, STOP!!" Gray yelled. I kept thinking about yesterday, scrunching my eyes shut as I tried to stop the thoughts, holding my head as I whimpered. "Y/N!!" Gray yelled again as he grabbed me, pulling me off the ground and into a tight hug. The thoughts instantly stopped, and I felt myself slowly calm down. I opened my eyes to something horrifying.

Shards of ice that resembled broken glass littered the floor, some had specs of red littering them like someone had accidentally cut themselves. A necklace was in the centre of it all, it was a perfect replica of the one Natsu gave Audrey. But, the once sparkling white crystals were pitch black, absorbing any light that came near them. "I think we need to stop for today," He muttered in shock as he placed me on the ground, taking in his surroundings. I couldn't take my eyes of that godforsaken necklace, a single tear slid now my face and dropped into my hand, I looked down at it and it was frozen solid, a perfect droplet of ice. I shook off the thought, crushing the ice in my hand and dropping the shards on the ground. It was probably nothing anyway.

I walked up to the necklace, picking it up and dropping it to the ground. I stepped on it, grinding my shoe into it until I heard the crunching and shattering of ice and I ground it into nothing but something that resembled snow. I stomped and stomped, yelling as I tried to destroy something that was already destroyed. I cried as I tried to erase the feeling that necklace gave me, destroying it was the only form of release I had.

Gray watched from a distance, holding nothing but concern for someone he practically viewed as a sister, he had never seen her so angry... so distraught. Whatever had happened to her, it was bad.