chapter 14: the after part 10

Clarke's POV

"Why are we stopped?" Madi asked as she stretched her arms out and yawned.

"We didn't have enough energy. There must have been too much shade," I replied.

"The sky looks so pretty, Clarke."

I looked up.

"Madi, get up front with me, right now! Bring up all the supplies too, hurry!" I shouted

I knew what this was. Acid rain.

"Come on!" I shouted as I helped her into the front seat.

"Curl yourself underneath the seat. Right where your feet usually are. Wrap that blanket and your jacket around you! Now, Madi!"

"What about you, Clarke? What are you going to do!"

"I'll try not to get wet," I laughed lightly, but nervously.

"Clarke, I'm scared," Madi said, her voice wavering.

"Don't be. Why don't I tell you a story?"

"Okay," she replied.

"My first time on the ground..."

------4 hours later------

"Madi, I think it's safe now—and she fell asleep," I sighed. I unwrapped my jacket sat on the seat, yawned, and stretched my arms. I shook Madi to wake her.

"C-clarke? Are we okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, it passed. But the rain deteriorated the solar panels. If we walk to where the smoke was, that has to be at least three hundred miles, maybe four hundred.."

"It's worth it, Clarke! We have to go find them! What if they need help! Clarke! Clarke! Clarke! Please! Please! Please! Please—"

"Alright! We'll walk," I laughed then said,

"But you better not complain!"

"To be exact, it's 337 miles," Bellamy said as he wrapped his hand in mine.

I looked at this version of Bellamy: calm, beautiful, and serene. His eyes looked like they held the stars. I needed to find him more than anything.

"Worth it," I smiled.

________________________________

A/N: And that is officially the end of book one! The sequel is called, "337 Miles" and I will start publishing tomorrow! Thanks for reading and for sending so much love 💕