15 | Trap for the Mikaelson

Many people wait in St. Anne's church for Finn Mikaelson: Derek, Malia, Stiles, Lydia, Josh, Hayley, Cami, and Aiden. Each was recruited by Cami in her quest to get back at Finn for lying to her. She and Hayley speak in a corner quietly.

"He bought it," Aiden announces, getting off the phone. "His locator spell will bring him here without the body guards."

"Good," Derek growls. Lydia looks at him, studying his expression. "What?" He snaps.

"You're angry," she states.

He scoffs and turns to see Malia and Stiles speaking to each other on one of the benches. Stiles is the only one speaking, but Malia listens. She listens because she cares about the guy who helped her. Even though he talks about the most ridiculous things.

"Derek," Lydia goes in front of him, making him talk to her. "Why are you angry? You've known them for two weeks."

He stays silent, clenching his jaw. Is he really going to confide in a 16-year-old girl? No. He isn't.

"Look, I may be young, but I know feelings, ok?" Lydia sighs. "I won't tell anyone."

"You don't know the first thing about me," he says, looking down at her.

"I'm about to prove you wrong." She smirks. "First off, you're isolated. You don't like getting close to people because you've been betrayed too many times."

"Wow. You're a mind-reader." He deadpans.

"I'm not finished. You're closed off to everyone but your family. Cora is out there somewhere, but you haven't told anyone where she is. You're protecting her. It's obvious you don't care about your uncle. Not after he killed your sister. But for some reason, you care about Lexi."

He tenses, looking away. "No, I don't."

"It's not something you hide very well," Lydia cocks her head to the side, turning to watch Stiles and Malia. "No one does. For some reason, we all care about her. She's the only one I trust and the most she's said about me is that all I do is scream and find dead bodies. I don't understand why I feel like she'll save me, but I do.

"Scott feels like she knows us. And that's crazy because we would know if we know her... But you have to admit there is something familiar about her. Stiles obviously doesn't trust her, but he is willing to listen to her. When has Stiles ever listened to anyone?

"Kira is terrified of Lexi. I think everyone is, but Kira is the most. My question is how does Lexi know her mom? Only Lexi knows the answer to that, but Kira is too afraid to ask.

"And then there's you and Peter," He glances at her, crossing his arms. "I know you notice how everyone at the compound favors you both. Maybe it's your name, or how your ancestor knew them, but they will protect you. Lexi can either never look you in the eye or she's angry at you. There is no in between."

"What's your point?"

"My point is that Lexi is hiding something," Lydia turns back to him, her green eyes filled with innocent curiosity. "And for some reason, no one is asking the right questions."

"And what would those be?" Derek asks.

"Why does she care about us? Why are we the important factors? What did we do to make her act this way? And why are you and Peter so much more important?" He meets her eyes, confusion spreading over his features.

Before he can answer, Cami says, "Why don't we all go over the plan one more time?"

No one moves.

She rolls her eyes, turning to Hayley. "Aiden's gonna get Vincent to the altar," Hayley says. "And then I'm gonna jump him. He's powerful, though, so we only have a few seconds to get the shackles on him." Hayley motions to the spelled chains. They supposedly cut off a witch's access to magic when on.