Part 8

Your lunch break was at 11:50 so you grabbed your coat and left the compound. You stood outside the cafe doors. You took a deep breath and pushed open the doors. You looked around and saw Ryan sitting at a table reading a newspaper. He looked up and smiled at you. You forced a smile and sat down at the table.

"Thank you for coming y/n, like I said before, I want to make things right between us," Ryan said. A waitress brought sandwiches and drinks.

"I got you your favorite coffee and a ham sandwich. Your favorite," Ryan proudly said.

"Thanks," you say. He continued to talk and talk. He told you everything that happened in the past 2 years and how much he missed you. You weren't really listening because you were trying to think of what to say.

"And so then I-"

"Ryan?"

"Yes?"

"I can't do this anymore."

"What do you mean y/n?"

"I have forgiven you. I've had two whole years away from you to find and build a new me. I've made new friends, met new people, and I've changed in the past 2 years. Two years has given me enough time to move on. I don't want to hurt you because I still care about you but I don't think this is going to work. I don't think 'we' are going to work," you say heartbroken all over again.

"It really hurts me to tell you that Ryan. I've moved on and met someone new. I'm sorry but you need to know," you say. You can feel the tears forming in your eyes. Ryan sat there silently for a moment looking down at his coffee. He looked up at you.

" Okay y/n, I understand. It really hurts to hear that but I'm sure you felt that way after what I did. But I know there's still a connection between us. Just please give us a chance again. We've been together for so long and I know we can make it work. Please come back to me y/n please," Ryan begged. You had your hands on the table and he reached for them but this time you didn't have the will to pull away. You could feel the tears ready to explode from your eyes. You shook your head.

"I'm sorry Ryan," you say as small tears slowly roll down your burning red cheeks.

"Y/n, I love you too much to give up on us. I will fight for you. For us!" He said. You got up from the table.

"Bye Ryan," you say and quickly head out the door. You wipe your eyes. Why did he have to do that? He broke your heart all over again. You couldn't go back to work, you couldn't stop crying. You called your boss and told him you wouldn't make it back today.

You went home to your apartment. You threw on your pjs and sat on the couch and cried. You decided to call Lucy.

Hey this is Lucy. Leave me a message!

Hey Lucy it's Y/n. So I saw Ryan today and just um call me back. Bye

You sat on the couch thinking how pathetic this was to be crying but it felt good just to let it out. You still had seven hours to your date with Tom. You decided to call.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's y/n." You cried

"Hey, what's wrong? Did Ryan do anything to you?" Tom's voice became angry.

"No not really. Can you just come over as soon as you can. I need you right now," you say. The tears wouldn't stop no matter how much you wanted them to.

"I'll be right over."