Chapter 7- Ketchup

Chapter 7

Hunter’s POV

“Fix that pipe immediately! What a shame! If I did not have my extra clothes…” My mom continued, ranting at all the employees. I snickered from behind. Phase 2 is a success.

            Initiating Phase 3.

When mom had settled down and dismissed the employees, I approached her.

“Mom-“ But of course, I was cut off by dad’s phone ringing.

“I have to take this.” My dad said.

“Hunter, I have a very important meeting to attend. You go in a presidential suite. Don’t go any further beyond a high-class room.” She said hurriedly making her way towards the elevators. That was easy. I didn’t even have to ask. I followed my mom to get the keys at the lobby. She was surely in a hurry. But the elevators had other plans. The elevators stopped at floor 49, Autumn’s floor. And guess who came in?

            Autumn’s parents.

They exchanged quick glances and nods. It looks like they’re still rivals after all. Awkward turtle over here. Minutes passed and it feels like eternity. Finally, mom decided to speak up.

“So, are you expanding your business here, Isabel?”

“Oh why certainly! We have made success in many other countries. Why wouldn’t we expand here?”

“Then, why are you staying in this hotel when you have a hotel of your own?” My mom asked, eyeing them suspiciously.

“Well you see, our hotel’s penthouse is under construction and everything else is fully booked. And of course, we won’t let pride stand in our way.” Autumn’s mom said, her head held up high.

I felt the tension rise. I began to feel sweaty.

DING!

Phew, good thing we’re here at the ground floor. Man, the fresh air is great.

“See you soon, Charlotte.” Mrs. Williams said, bidding farewell.

“Oh that lady. She irritates me.” My mom said once Mrs. and Mr. Williams were out of hearing range.

“Honey, remember that we’re still on top of them. No need to get pissed.”

“Oh, I don’t know. I’ve never liked her from the start.” Oh, businessmen, always competitive.

“Hunter, you can manage on your own. Your mother has an important meeting to attend.”

“Yes of course, Dad! I can manage very well on my own.” I said with a wide grin plastered on my face.

I fist-pumped the air in my head. Oh yeah, oh yeah. Mission accomplished! Oh yeah. Now, all I need to do is get the keys and head for a good night’s sleep.

***

DING!

Go left then you can see an embossed number 4901 at the door, I remembered the receptionist saying.

Now here is the room and beside is Autumn’s room. I really requested for this one. I am hoping to plan another revenge on her. So what am I to do now? Oh I know, go to sleep and proceed with the plan I chose.

***

BEEEEEEEEEEP!!! BEEEEEEEEEEP!!!

‘There is no business to do today but your dad and I will be at the office. Just call us if you need anything. –Mom’