Long Lost Friends (Meliodas x Reader)

Request = Alyannsgamer10 

Anime = Seven Deadly Sins

(A/N: This takes place while Diane is the size of a normal human.) 

"So, there was another girl besides Liz?" Elizabeth asked Meliodas, holding his hand tightly. Meliodas nodded, trying to get Elizabeth to release his hand. "Have you kept in contact?" Elizabeth questioned while reluctantly loosening her grasp.

"Well, we probably would have, but Y/N died at the same time Liz did." Meliodas told the white-haired girl. "It's kind of sad, actually. She's the one who always had a dream of owning a tavern." He said, a trace of nostalgia seeping through his normally nonchalant voice.

Elizabeth smiled at the short man, saying, "Don't worry, I'm here, after all."

Meliodas nodded, walking back into the tavern.

'If I love Elizabeth... Then why do I feel pain when she writes Y/N off in that way? I didn't fall in love with Elizabeth because she's a replacement... Did I?'

"Hey, Captain!" Diane squealed when she saw her first love walking through the tavern doors. "Guess what I found!"

Meliodas sighed, but put a smile on his face. "I don't know, what did you find, Diane?" He asked her, pulling out a chair to sit down in. 

"You know how you told me about that Y/N girl, the one who wanted to run a tavern?" Diane said excitedly. "Well, I found a tavern near by called the "Sinly Tavern" and it's run by a girl named Y/N!" 

Meliodas' eyes widened slightly, but he was quick to dismiss his hopes. "That's great, Diane, and I'm glad that you're trying, but my Y/N died, remember?" He gently explained. 

Diane groaned. "Does it hurt to try?" She asked impatiently. "It's too perfect to be a coincidence, in my opinion."

Meliodas sighed in exasperation. "Fine, but it won't, no, it can't be her." Diane jumped up and grabbed her captain's wrist, dragging him out of the tavern.

-Time Skip-    

"Welcome to the Sinly Tavern, how may I help you?" A cheerful voice said from the back of the room when Meliodas, Diane, and Hawk walk into the small building. "Sorry about the size of the tavern, we're remodeling the back to add more space." The voice explained, seeming to move closer to the trio. Soon, the owner of the voice revealed itself to be a H/C haired girl with a joyful smile and bright E/C eyes. "I'm Y/N." She said, putting the platter of food aside to shake Diane's hand. "Pleased to meet you."

Meliodas stared in shock at the girl before pulling her into a tight hug, of course shoving his face against the girl's cleavage.

"You swine!" Hawk yelled, about to yank Meliodas away, but the girl just laughed and hugged the blonde back. 

"I was wondering when you'd be around to visit, Meliodas. I heard you were in town with your own tavern." Y/N said, gently shoving him away from her body to pick back up the platter of food. "I guess we have a lot to catch up on, huh? Well, I don't really have the time right now, so..." She trailed off, interrupted by Meliodas. 

"How are you still alive? What are you doing here? And what in the world is the name of your tavern?" He peppered the girl with questions, making her laugh nervously and look away.

"As I said earlier, I don't really have time right now, so we should talk later!" Y/N said, ushering them out of her tavern. "I'll stop by later, good-"