2

At the end of school I waited for Younghyun at the gate. I was honestly looking forward to talking with him about his parents and me meeting them and everything. I was disappointed when I saw a herd of boys joining him as he strolled over to me. Sungjin, Dowoon, Wonpil and Jae, they were Younghyun's best friends and band members. They were always happy, always messing with each other, making bets, teasing, playing and joking. They were loud and Younghyun loved them and usually I enjoyed their presence too. "You don't mind if the boys come too, Abi? We wanted to practice some covers or just mess around.." I stuttered slightly before regaining my composure. " n- no that's fine." On the way to Younghyun's house the boys loudly teased Wonpil about a pink jumper he had had the misfortune to wear once. "You've got to admit it was ugly." Jae laughed.

              I watched the boys play at Younghyun's for about an hour and then made an excuse to leave. I loved their energy and excitement and their music was great but I just couldn't stay. I couldn't help but feel like a second choice. I knew the boys liked having me there too, I was their friend but I felt like the odd one out. And it was boring to watch from the sidelines as they had fun. Younghyun walked to the door. "when can I come again?" I asked. Younghyun kissed my cheek  softly, "whenever you want."

       On Sunday morning I knocked on Younghyuns door. I waited a few minutes and knocked a few more times but soon realised no one was home. I sat on his doorstep for ten minutes before deciding there was no point waiting. I decided to text him:
                                                        Abi
                          Hey are you home?        
                     I was just passing and
                             thought I'd say hi?

I lied, i didn't want him to know I'd waited at his doorstep or make him feel bad. He responded quickly:

Younghyun
Me and Dowoon were
actually just grabbing a coffee
we're on our way home though,
can you wait ten minutes?

                                                        Abi
                       Ah its ok, im meeting  
                         up w Jimin I don't    
                                   want to be late

We're. He and Dowoon were coming. Dowoon was sweet but I didn't want him right now. Meeting up with Jimin was a stupid excuse but I didn't have a different one. I left his house and hurried back home down the street.