The Yule Ball (14)

Juliet and George made their way to the other champions and their dates chatting happily. They were by far the most attractive couple in the champions in Juliet's opinion, since everyone else looked so uncomfortable. Harry was the most awkward of all, since he was with some girl he didn't know. She was in Ravenclaw, so Juliet gave her a comforting smile.

Juliet and George asked Harry to snap a couple pictures of them on Juliet's disposable muggle camera, which he did happily. He preferred the muggle ones over the wizard ones. He took three or four of them, which he assumed turned out fantastic because they both looks amazing, and handed it back to her. She stuck the camera in George's pocket with a smile making him roll his eyes.

"Wait, didn't you skip your dancing class to hang out with Fred and I?" George asked, as they were getting ready to walk in.

"I took lessons." She said, giving him a smile. She really did look fantastic.

"Good, cause I got moves." He said as they walked in, putting his arm around her waist.

"I would hope so." Juliet said jokingly, smiling at him.

Fred and Lee watched the champions come in, along with their dates. The two of them catcalled at Juliet and George, who were exchanging words back and fourth. They seemed to be deciding on something.

When the music started, all of the couples started to dance. They did the same four-step dance they were taught in the given lessons, all except George and Juliet. They had begun to waltz perfectly, spinning and stepping gracefully. Soon, all eyes were on them instead of Harry, who continued to step on his dates toes.

Fred watched his brother with pride. The two were so beautiful and happy, and that's all he wanted for his brother. The two of them learned how to dance years ago, when their Aunt Maural insisted they learned. Fred never saw the use in it, because it was really about the partner you have, but it turns out George had the perfect partner.

Everyone cheered loudly for the dancers, and another song started. Other couples started to dance, and Juliet and George came up to their friends with big smiles on their faces.

"Where'd you learn to do that?" Ron asked surprised, as the two of them sat down at the table.

"Remember when Aunt Mural made Fred and I stay for a week?" George asked him, pointing at him.

"Fred can dance too?" He asked surprised.

"Not with someone who doesn't know how." Fred said, when Angelina gave him a puppy face.

"Where did you learn, Juliet?" Hermione asked curiously. She had come in with Victor Krum, and was in a good mood.

"I took a few lessons as a kid." She answered casually.

"As a kid? How did you still remember how?" She asked curiously.

"I have a good memory." Juliet said modestly. She refused to ruin anyone's night. Cordelia came up to the table with an aggravated look on her face.

"Can I borrow your wand Juliet? My date is an idiot so I ditched him, and you need it for the food." Cordelia said coming up to her.

"Yeah, of course!" Juliet said, standing up.

"Juliet! You can't just get it!" Angelina said surprised.

"I've been trying to figure out where it is since I saw her." George said casually, "I say get it now."

"No one is paying attention to us, but I'll sit back down if it makes you feel better." She said laughing, sitting back in her seat and grabbing the hem of her dress and lifting it up on the left side.

George found himself in a caught off guard, and his heart thumped harshly in his chest. She had strapped her wand to her thigh, along with a muggle knife, and she revealed a glorious portion of her leg. She grabbed the wand and put the dress back, but the image was still glued in his head. Fred and Lee laughed as she handed it to Cordelia.

"Why am I not surprised?" George asked smirking, getting over the original shock.

"Where else was I suppose to put it?" She asked laughing. She asked Hermione to get some pictures of her and Cordelia, and she agreed. The boys didn't know how to use muggle cameras.

Juliet took photos all through the night. She wanted to remember how perfect this night was. She was just happy, and was herself for the first time in front of people she wasn't close with. Everyone saw her in a new light that night. She wasn't emotionless, and blunt like they thought she was. She was still very blunt, and very smart, but they saw her really smile and have fun. A lot of people, like the trio and Angelina, still didn't quite understand what the twins saw in her until then. She didn't dance with anyone but Fred and George because no one else knew how, except when she and Cordelia did the Tango dramatically.

Juliet walked to the Gryfandor commons with the twins when they were ready to leave, since she needed to get Cordelia's wand. The boys were still rowdy and energetic, but Juliet found herself tired and in need of a comfy sweater, which she had none.

"Can I take this?" Juliet asked, holding up George's 'G' sweater off the bed frame.

"I guess so, why?" He asked curiously, taking off his tie and putting it on the ground. She had to admit that she found the way he did it, externally attractive.

"I don't have any comfy sweaters." She said with a shrug,

"Not after Christmas, mum makes them for everyone, every year." Fred said, coming out of the bathroom and launching himself onto his bed, almost missing.

"She doesn't have to, I'll just steal this one." Juliet said with a tired smile.

"I'll walk you out. You look like you're about to fall over." George said laughing. She just nodded and took her shoes off before following him to the door.

"I had a lot of fun tonight." Juliet said to George, "thank you for taking me."

"Like I said, I would have asked you anyway." He said, holding the portrait door open for her. He walked with her down the hall, even though he said he would just walk her out. He wanted to look at her for a little while longer.

"I mean it. I couldn't have asked for a better date." She said, hugging him suddenly. She was trying to master the art of hugs, and thought the time was appropriate. He hugged her back with a laugh. This girl made him so happy.

"You have been awfully huggy lately." He mused, taking in her vanilla and rose scent with each breath he took.

"I'm trying to figure them out. Like when hugging is appropriate, and stuff like that, so I know how to avoid them." She admitted sheepishly when she let go. "Was that an appropriate time to hug?"

"Honestly I was surprised, and I love hugs. I love your hugs." He said, not meaning to say the last words.

"So not an appropriate time?" She asked, as they continued to walk to the Ravenclaw commons.

"It's always an appropriate time for you to hug me." He answered, putting a hand in his pocket.

"Good to know." She said casually, as they reached the Ravenclaw commons, "Wait! You said you were just going to walk me out!"