Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Elena wake up!" The annoying voice of my brother woke me up from my slumber and I immediately wanted to press snooze. Unfortunately this wasn't possible. "Go away." I mumbled and for a minute it was quiet which made me think that he had actually left. That was until I felt something wet against my cheek. I opened my eyes to see that he was standing there with a stupid smirk on his face.

"Did you just lick me?" I asked disgusted and he smiled. "Oh yes I did." He stated proudly and I cringed. "Disgusting. What time is it anyway?" I asked sleepily and he shrugged. "Around 6am maybe? I don't know I couldn't sleep." He said and at that moment I wanted to slap him. "I hate you, you know that right? But I'm warning you, watch out because I will get you back believe me. Now get out of my room." I told him and he laughed but eventually did leave.

It took me another five minutes to get out of bed and hop in the shower. Instead of taking my usual quick shower, I took a long one since I had a lot of time to get ready. This weekend has gone by to quickly for my liking and I was definitely not ready for school. I washed my hair and body with apple scented shampoo and soap and quickly got out of the shower. I wrapped a towel around my body and walked back into my bedroom. I'm so happy that have my own bathroom because I would go crazy if I had to share one with my brother.

The hardest part of the day, for me, was deciding what to wear. This may seem weird but in high school this is important. You can't overdress but you can't under-dress either. Searching the perfect outfit is harder than it seems, believe me. I just went of a pair of black jeans, a white top and my signature all stars. My hair was straight and my make-up was done natural. I grabbed my schoolbag en sun glasses and went downstairs to be greeted with the amazing smell of my mom backing pancakes.

Justin was already seated in the dining room and was silently eating his pancakes. Time for revenge. I applied some red lipstick, or more like a lot of red lipstick and made my way into the dining room. I walked behind him and gave him a big peck on his cheek. "Gross! And you said that I was disgusting for licking you?" I just laughed in response and continued my way to the kitchen only the see my mom backing even more pancakes.

"Morning." I mumbled and she smiled. "Good morning darling! Hope you slept well." She replied and handed me a plate full of pancakes and a jar of Nutella. She knows me so well. "Yeah I did and you sure know how to make this awful Monday morning goo mom!" I said and she laughed which brought a huge smile on my own face. It was weird hearing my mom laugh, definitely after the incident, and I loved the sound of it. I was still mad at my parents for moving back to Sydney but that didn't mean I didn't love them. They mean everything to me and I would do anything for their happiness. "So I guess you like your new room?" My mom smiled and I nodded eagerly. This weekend we had redecorated my room and I loved it. It was classy and cozy and totally me. "Yes I do! It's amazing and it finally looks like a 17 year old sleeps in there and not a 3 year old." I stated and she laughed once again. I guess she was in a good mood this morning. "I'm glad sweetheart but it's getting late and isn't that girl waiting for you?" My mom asked and my eyes widened. "Shit! I forgot!" I said and swallowed the last bit of my pancake.

I looked at my mom and saw that she was glaring at me. I guess the no swearing rule moved with us. Groaning I grabbed my wallet out my schoolbag and handed her $1 which she put in the swear jar. I was about to leave the kitchen when my brother walked in to put his plate in the dishwasher. "Justin is that lipstick on your face?" My mom asked and I laughed. "Elena I swear I'm going to kill you!" Justin screamed but I was already out of the house.

I had told Ashley that I would pick her up at her house and from there on we would walk to Starbucks. She had sent me a text message with her address in but I wanted to test how much I remembered. I knew she lived nearby, only about 3 blocks away, I thought.