Chapter 22: A danger

Salaam everyone... How are you all?? I am really sorry for updating this late, life has been hectic and I didn't get time to type anything...

Happy reading...

~~~~~

Arjun's thoughts were disturbed by a phone call from his wife. He thinks that there is some connection between Ayushi and Radhika, but what is it? Is the resemblance between two people this usual or there is some connection between these two in real? His head would break if he didn't get all the answers. But this is not the time to think about the similarities between his wife and his best friend. So he took the call. Before he could utter a word, his wife started her rambling, of course.

'Hello Arjun, are you coming home or not? Or did you forget you have a home too in your work? Tell Mr. Spoon to bring my favourite pasta, all right?'

'Yes, ma'am. Anything else?' asked Arjun teasingly.

'And, and... And stay safe. I don't know why but I wanted to say that today.'

'I will stay safe and will reach home with your favourite pasta. Okay? I have to disconnect the call in order to drive the car, Doll.'

'Why are you driving? Where is your driver? Is he sleeping while you are driving? Give him the phone, or better, give the phone to Mr. Spoon.'

'I wanted to drive today, is that such a crime, Doll? No, the driver is not sleeping, I gave him an off for the day. And no, I am not giving the phone to Pawan. Your banter doesn't stop now if I hand him the phone. That will be the biggest distraction while I am driving.'

'Why is our banter a distraction to you?'

'Because I will be rolling on the floor of the car laughing, then how come I will drive, you tell me?'

'That's why ask Mr. Spoon to drive.'

'No.'

'Fine. Do as you like. Come home safely and with my food.'

'Okay. Now can I disconnect the call?'

'Okay....' said Radhika and was about to add something but did not because she wanted it to say when he is in front of her. 'Just stay safe and drive carefully.'

'Alright. Bye.' Said Arjun and disconnected the call.

If he found his wife's behaviour odd, he didn't want to think about it. He loved this caring Radhika too. He doesn't know why but he sensed panic in Radhika's voice. Does she know something which he didn't? While thinking about these, he didn't get to see the number of missed calls from Vikas on his mobile phone.

Pawan and Arjun took their seats in the car and started towards the home.

'You know, Radhika wants her favourite pasta delivered to her by you.' said Arjun.

'That lady, she wants every food item delivered by me. Why can't she learn cooking?'

'I told her not to.' Said Arjun grinning.

'You said what?' Asked Pawan with his eyes wide as saucers.

'Well, she does not have to when she got four personal chefs at her hands.' Said Arjun with a shrug.

'You are not my friend. YOU ARE NOT MY FRIEND. What did you do to my friend? Where is he?'

'Unfortunately, nothing happened to your friend and he is sitting beside and driving his favourite car.'

'You do not seem to be my friend. What happened to you?'

'Love happened.'

'Ughh! Love and its side effects.' Said Pawan and sat with his arms crossed on his chest.