Chapter 30: Behind the masks.

Salaam everyone. How are you all?? Here is the next chapter. Not proof read.

Happy reading.

~~~~~

Chapter 30: Behind the masks.

~~~~~

'Chandra uncle! How are you?' exclaimed Arjun seeing Radhika's father in the doorway.

'I am fine, beta! Jeete raho!!' blessed 'Chandra and continued, 'Ayushi beta! Don't you want to hug your father?' he asked Radhika just to see how will she raise to his bait. His daughter seems to be sensible as she didn't talk anything and just nodded her head and embraced him when he opened his arms.

Because Radhika knows all his tricks, she kept silent and hugged her father just to show to Arjun that she is fine with her father. She even smiled for the appearance.

Arjun knew something is amiss when Radhika's smile didn't reach her eyes. Normally, her smile is radiant and her laugh is so boisterous it brings peace to his mind and calm his heart. But now, that smile is lost. He didn't know the reason why she is in off mood this day, she was so happy earlier and her mood turned sour when his father came and now her face turned ashen when she saw her own father. Just what the hell is happening with her! Something is certainly amiss and he shall find out sooner.

'If you have finished eye raping my daughter, can we move forward our discussion for which we have gathered here. Sir?' said Chandra to his former employer.

Chandra is always considered to be a straightforward person when it came to the family matters and a person who used his tongue wisely in terms of politics. He knew now is not the time to beat around the bush. Someone or the other would have announced their arrival to the country to the police officials. If everything happens as it always happens in India, then he can be at peace for some days, his freedom will last only few days or few hours depending on the people that are surrounding him at the point of time. He should tread his way very carefully not to give away the real reason why he was here. That will spoil every plan of his.

He knew his little daughter is bubbling with anger to punch him in the face and he also know from his sources that she can pack a good punch. He almost smiled remembering the fire cracker that used to be his beloved daughter. But he can only goad a lioness to some extent, if the limit exceeds, then he will become prey to not one but two lionesses. His wife is always beautiful. He loved her at some point of time, that's why he had married her. He thought she loved him too that time. His habits made him go far away from her.

He being the secretary of one of the powerful politicians of his time and the enticements that were lavished on him made him the man he was today. He is not guilty for whatever he has done. Those had been his choices. He should have thought about his preferences that time, not now. He could not find himself innocent either for what he had done to his Sweta and sweet Ayushi. He should have made best choices when he had a chance, but to remain in the good books of his boss, he strayed from the path he ought to be followed and became a person whose daughter and wife does not want to meet his eyes and flinch at his touch. He did see the slight flinch on his daughter's face when he hugged her. He has become the person who cannot be touched now, isn't it? But he cannot blame his daughter for that, can he? No, absolutely not. In his thirst for power, money and women, he lost those people whom he held dear before he became the secretary to a power lusty person. When his parents warned him about the person for whom he was about to work, he didn't listen to them and joined in the post to prove them wrong. But he has fooled himself. His education was not able to inculcate the wisdom to differentiate between good and bad of a person. He in his blindness accepted the offer for the secretary post. And his misplaced loyalty on his employer brought him his doom. He cannot blame anyone but himself for that.