Chapter 5-Deprived

"So this is the place?" Savvina asked as they stepped into the restaurant.

"Yep."

"Looks like its stuck ups."

Innana chuckled. "My thoughts exactly."

Savvina sat at a table with Innana and called a waiter. "I would like see your boss." She said

"He is busy now mademoiselle." The boy said eyeing Innana head to toe.

Savvina dragged him down to her level by his tie. "I asked politely and I won't ask again. Now go and tell him its money I want to talk. And stop eyeing my woman if you want to use those eyes and see the sun set today." She said her eyes changing to golden yellow.

The boy gulped. "Yes mademoiselle."

Innana smiled. "Your eyes don't change to black anymore. Why?"

Savvina was confused. Innana used her phone camera and show her. "I don't know. This is the first time I'm seeing it."

"And you're stronger."

"Ok, that I noticed." Savvina said with a smirk and Innana rolled her eyes.

"Who the hell is looking for me?" Bernie asked coming out of the kitchen.

"That would be me." Savvina said putting up her hand.

The fat man walked over to the table and saw Innana. "What is this about?"

"I'm Savvina Vucasin, her manager/ girlfriend"

"Bernie Jean. Owner of this restaurant/ chef."

"Nice to meet you." Savvina said and shook him. "I was told she would be working here."

"Yes that is true. So what is this about?"

"Her pay. It just won't do." Savvina said and stood up placing a hand over his shoulder. "Let's talk somewhere more private."  The two went into the kitchen.

Innana was nervous. She had thoughts that Savvina would make her loose the job. She kept looking around and playing with her nails. When they eventually did come out they were laughing leaching like they had known each other for years.

"C'est incroyable. Je ne l'ai jamais compris. J'ai coupé des oignons pour avoir les oreilles pleurer mes yeux et tout ce que j'ai dû faire était de les faire passer au réfrigérateur".

"J'ai été aussi surpris que toi quand je l'ai découvert "

"I like you Vinna." Bernie said and Innana had to shake her head. They just met and they were already at 2nd base of nickname calling. "We'll talk more and Innana you look very nice today."

"Merci beaucoup." That was the only thing Innana knew in French.

"Most certainly." Savvina said and shook the man.

"Au Revoir."

"À bientôt!"

When they got in the car Innana's mouth was open.

"Since when can you speak French?"

"Since forever."

"How come I didn't know?"

"There's a lot you don't know about me. Plus you never asked."

"What where you even talking about?"

"Onions." She said and shrugged."I told him to put them in the fridge before chopping it. That way they don't hurt your eyes."