SEVEN

"The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us

"The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us."Jughead was angry about how his job was closing as we sat in a booth at Pop's. And you could tell when Jughead was mad. He always did this thing when his upper lip would spread out and his eyebrows would squish together, and he would let out a puff of air.

"B, Macy are you guys okay?" Veronica asked us since we both haven't said a word the whole time we were there.

"I'm fine." I said much more quickly than what I wanted to while Betty nodded.

"You guys should come to closing night." Jughead said still angry.

"I'll come." I sent a sypathetic smile to Jughead.

"Now that's an odd combo of people." Kevin said making me turn to see Ms. Grundy, Archie, and Mr. Andrews. Archie and I made eye contact making me turn around quickly.

"Who cares." I rolled my eyes and took a sip of the shake in front of me.

"You would. What happend with you and Archie?" Veronica asked lowly so Archie wouldn't here us.

"He kissed me then said it was a mistake." I said quickly then looked at the ground while crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'll be right back." Betty stood up but I went to try to pull her back. But it was to late and now we were standing in front of Archie's  table.

"Hi Mr. Andrews, Ms. Grundy. Archie can Macy and I speak to you?" Betty said making me Scoff.

"I don't want to speak to Archie so you two have fun." I walked off and sat in our original booth.

"What's going on out there? Is it about me?" Veronica asked quickly as we looked out the window of Pops.

"I have a strong inkling, and no. Also, I'd let it go." Jughead said scrunching up his nose.

"Yes, but you're you, and I'm me. You do you girls, and I'll be back." Veronica stood up making my eyes go wide. I ran out behind Veronica but it was too late. Betty apperently figured out that Archie and Ms. Grundy are together and Veronica over heard it.

"Oh, my God. You and your music teacher are in an affair?" Veronica asked shocked.

"Together. Look, I know that sounds, bad but-"

"Bad? It sounds scandalous." Veronica said cutting Archie off.

"It sounds like jail time to me. Illegal!" Betty rose her voice with wide eyes as I stood there still quite.

"Betty, don't go there. Mace, Ronnie a little help here." Archie looked at me with hopeful eyes. As much as I wanted to leave this place, I couldnt leave Archie hanging. I liked him, and I liked him too much to leave him. I sighed and walked forword putting two hands on Betty's shoulders.

"Betty calm down. Even though I agree with you," I gave Archie a glare and turned back to Betty. "It's Archies choice whether he wants to make this choice or keep on going with this mistake." I said emphisizing on the word mistake.