TEN

"My mom and dad don't want to get the police involved

"My mom and dad don't want to get the police involved. They don't want anyone to know that she ran away, or about her 'shameful condition'. " Betty rolled her eyes after explaining to us that she and Jughead broke into were her parents kept her sister to help her escape, only to find that Polly already did.

"Please. What decade is this?" Veronica sighed taking a sip of her cup as Kevin, Jughead, Betty, Archie, Veronica, and I sat in the lobby of the school.

"Also, since she knew where Jason's getaway car was, they are afraid people might think she burned it and if she did,"

"She could be the murderer. trying to cover her tracks." Jughead finished Betty's sentence while looking down at his hands.

"Well then who did burn the car?" Archie asked sitting up moving his arms around my waist as I sat on the arm of his chair.

"I bet it was Cheryl." I said making them all look a me with a pointed look. "I'm not saying she killed her own brother but maybe she did it to protect him. How she found out you two knew, I have no idea. But if he was willing to fake his own death then who's to say she wouldn't go as far as burning a car?" I shrugged my shoulders at them.

"I never took you for someone to be so into investigation Macy." Jughead smiled at me with a surprised look on his face.

"Sheriff Keller says it's possible someone was following us." Betty furrowed her brows and started fumbling with her fingers.

"Oh, my God. Honestly, guys, we should just move." Veronica said making me let out a small chuckle.

"Guys, what if Polly's really hurt? What if whoever killed Jason is coming after her next?" Betty started worrying making Jughead wrap an arm around Betty.

"Betty, even though your parents don't want to, maybe you should go to the police." Archie sighed giving Betty a sympathetic look.

"Second it. We can talk to my dad together." Kevin said quickly.

"Okay third it." I scoffed raising my hand.

"No offense Kev, but your dad answers to a higher authority than god, The Blossoms. They are the first people he would tell." Jughead said rubbing his eyes.

"And if there's anyone to keep this a secret from, it's the Blossoms. They'd twist it around and go after Polly out of spite." Betty shrugged her shoulders with a sigh.

"How can we help? Tell us B we'll do it." Veronica smiled at Betty with sympathy.

...

"Okay, The Sisters Of Quiet Mercy are due north. The getaway car was west, on the Old Route 40." Betty explained as a group of people where looking for Polly in the woods.

"The closest bus station is east, headed towards Sweetwater. If Polly wanted to leave Riverdale without anyone seeing her, she probably would have left through-"