Chapter I: The Forgotten Problem

It was all over.

At least that's what Sherlock liked to think, but he knew deep down in his heart that statement couldn't be possibly close to the real truth. Moriarty was back. Preparing something big that Sherlock was certainly not ready for. But this time it was different. The rules to the game were rewritten; twisted for Moriarty's own enjoyment. Sherlock had no desire nor excitement towards his new game. Moriarty had struck a buried nerve deep down inside of him; a nerve he swore to protect by building walls around it. But, of course, Moriarty had found the only person that had found their way around the walls. He found the single flame of light flickering against his darkest and Sherlock only had himself to blame. He had let her down. He had promised to protect her, but still found a way to mess it up and lead her right to in the hands of the second most dangerous criminal of all of London. His worst enemy and forever most haunting demon.

Moriarty had Molly.

That was about all he knew. With Eurus still unresponsive, Sherlock was all on his own. Immediately, following their ordeal, Sherlock practically begged for Lestrade's men to go search Molly's flat. They wouldn't let Sherlock through, claiming that he was still in too much shock to be reliable. This outraged him, making his head spin and his fist clench with anger. But instead of calming down like any normal human being would, Sherlock refused to sit back and watch Lestrade's idiotic men tamper with the crime scene. He needed to get in there. He wouldn't rest until his Molly was safe. He wasn't about to let another one of his friends die. 

Turning to John, Sherlock knew he was thinking about the same exact thing. He seemed to be taking it much better than Sherlock but still held just about to the same amount of annoyance. He too was itching to get into Molly's now empty flat. He wanted his friend safe too. He knew Molly was strong but he had his doubts and so did Sherlock.

"I have to get in there," Sherlock whispered to John, eyeing each policeman very closely.

Sighing, John only nodded. His eyes skimmed around the scene, trying to pick up anything that might help his friend. Already, noticing the huge amount of cop cars and flashing lights, John was surprised by the lack of wondering bystanders. Usually, when there were crimes, people followed, but John could see no one but a lot of overpopulated crowds of inspectors and crime workers. Sherlock quickly picked up on this, deeming it to pointless to store it in his memory, but for John's input, Sherlock answered his buzzing question.

"Mycroft's work, the case is classified; there can be no witnesses," Sherlock said, quietly, trying to leave his older brother out of it as much as possible.

It wasn't only the fact that Mycroft liked to act stronger than he looked, it was also the fact that he had a pretty big part in this sticky situation. Sherlock tried to suppress his anger towards him, but he couldn't help but think this was Mycroft's fault; just as much as it was his own. Even though Mycroft tried and failed at being careful, Eurus still found her way around Mycroft's little fortress. She was able to outsmart them all and Sherlock soon started to think Mycroft was the most emotional of all the siblings. Emotional and stupid. Sherlock soon learned family was his brother's weakness and friends were his own. But John, Mrs. Hudson, and Molly were more than just friends. John was like a brother. Mrs. Hudson was like a mother. And Molly was his. It took him some time to realize, but after all the torture he had been put through, he knew his life wouldn't mean anything without her. She was his light; his shining star; his strong sail against the east wind. But now she was gone and it seemed like everything and everyone was stopping him from finding her.

"I can get you in there," John whispered back, looking carefully at the medical personnel near the entrance of Molly's flat. "But, you are going to have to be quick."