CHAPTER 21

I need to do something due to the fact that I have over 1000 reads. Ends almost here. Not very near but its almost here.

RHYMING LIKE A BOSS!!!

_____________

"Kaya, which dress would look prettier on you?" Sally asked.

"Whichever one would look prettier with your blood on it. I'm not going to wear any of that junk." I snapped. She grinned.

"Come on. In five days, you're turning twelve. You need to look pretty and not like... A swamp that has been dumped in black paint." She said.

"Hey, it's just my style. Anyway, you know why I have to wear long sleeves..."

A red tear went down her face. "Please wear one. Your scars are kinda pretty."
she begged, and I rolled my eyes in response. She then added, "Well, you could just wear a long sleeved dress. I can go get one for you."

Everyone went out killing except for Sally. She begged me to stay with her, and Sally can always persuade me.

So here we are going through billions of dresses.

"Sally, I am not, I repeat, I am not wearing a dress," I muttered.

"Yes, you are." Sally said.

"But I don't wanna." I whined.

"You need to look really pretty on your birthday," Sally said then another red tear ran down her face.

I sighed. "Fine, I will wear a dress if I help you choose it."

"It should be strapless," she said immediately forgetting about her tears.

I crossed my arms and looked at the carpet. When was the last time I'd wore a short sleeved dress anyway? She pulled out a black and white strapless dress. "No, it's weird looking," she said. She then pulled out a pink one. "No, it looks like a prom dress."

We went to what felt like millions of dresses. She then pulled out a dress that had black at the top and red at the bottom. Behind it was loose transparent tulle. "I like that one," I said.

She grinned. "I thought you would. Red and Black are your colors with the exception of orange."

I felt my eyes pinken and I muttered,"Sally, I know nothing about dresses or fashion. I just like the dress." Sally grinned.

"You don't need to know anything. I am the fashion designer, and you are apprentice," she said, and I rolled my eyes yet again at the eight year olds logic.

"Do you know what an apprentice is exactly?" I asked her since she had used the definition incorrectly.

"Well, not exactly..." she said.

I rolled my eyes... "Sally, this is why I am the smarter and more mature one." I said.

"Mature?" She said.

A wave of embarrassment washed over me again as I corrected myself. "Okay, I'm not very mature at times... But I am way more mature than you. When I first came, I thought you were five or six years old because of the way you were acting."

"I thought you were... I don't know. You don't have a specific age look. You're just chocolate skin, long legs, braids, underweight, and your height is also confusing. I've never seen a tall eleven year old," she said.

"I'm not tall and wow, what a lovely description of me," I said sarcastically.

"Also, you do this cute thing where you get goosebumps when you blush," she said.

"Shut up, Goldilocks," I said. "Shut up, Hershey Bar," she snapped.

"Wow, I'm rubbing off on you," I laughed and she grinned.

We heard soft footsteps. "I think the others are here," I said happily. No more dresses!

"All we were just getting to makeup." She said.

"Oh, kill me now..."

Sally crawled to the foot of her bed and dug through a huge brown trunk. It was filled with everything that was a regular girls dream.

It was my nightmare.

The footsteps became louder, and I scowled. The lack of voices was concerning.

"Do you think it's Ben?" she asked. I shook my head.

"Probably Jeff, Ben doesn't weigh enough to make his footsteps pound. Eyeless Jack would never come up here without one of them, and Slenderman's too graceful. Chrystal, Smile, and the other ones would be a lot of barks and meows," I said.

"Jeff's footsteps aren't that loud if he wants to ease drop," she said, and we both laughed.

We opened the door, and we both stared wide eyed.

Oh crap...