#14

The next day 

We invited Molly, Greg, Mrs Hudson and Mycroft over for dinner yesterday. They should be here in about an hour. Sherlock said that there was an amazing Indian takeaway at Kingston, so he's gone out to get it. 

I was a little nervous. These guys had known us for eight years. How were they going to react? They had no idea as to why they were being invited for dinner with no reason. Mrs Hudson came up as soon as Sherlock got home and help us lay out the table. "Would you like to practise what you're gonna say?" Mrs Hudson inquired. "What do you mean?" I asked, playing dumb.

"John, Hudders isn't stupid," Sherlock replied. "Hudders? Don't ever call me that again Sherlock," Mrs Hudson scolded. "Wait. You knew? How did you know?" I asked. "Oh please John," Mrs Hudson said, rolling her eyes. "I do clean your apartment. Sherlock tried telling me it was for an experiment, but I know better," she said with a smirk. I felt myself going red.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about love," Mrs Hudson said, bringing out the cutleries. "Are you sure we can trust Harriet with Rosie John? She was never there for your wedding or the baby shower," said Sherlock. We'd left Rosie with my sister Harry for the night. She said that she didn't want to come to my coming out party and Sherlock and I decided that there was gonna be some drinking tonight, so it was best for Rosie to stay elsewhere. 

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

After everyone's arrived at 221B

Sherlock

I am not used to being nervous. And tonight I wasn't nervous. This was my life, my choice and my John and I didn't care what people thought about us. Of course, John was dying next to me. He wasn't eating his food and he seemed extremely distracted and distant. Naturally, he felt that our friends, some of our only friends, would judge him for moving on so soon after Mary. With a man nonetheless. 

I knew that none of our friends were going to judge us.Mrs Hudson knew. Mycroft (as much as I hate to admit) knows me well enough to know something's up. I had to tell Molly that I didn't love her and I did in fact love John. And Greg, well he's Greg. He loves me, us, for who we are. I took it upon me to make the announcement as John obviously wasn't up to it. I stood up and looked at everyone, who had stopped talking to pay attention to me. 

"As you all know, I hate social gatherings. Yet, John and I have invited you over for dinner. So there must be something important. Some, well most of you might've deduced your presence. But I will say it anyways." At this point, John looked like he was going to pass out. "Oh loosen up John, they are after all our friends. Anyways, John and I are dating, in a relationship, in love with each other, whatever you wanna call it," I said, with a satisfied grin on my face. John on the other hand was close to tears. He refused to look at everyone.

"John," Molly was the first to speak after a good five minutes of silence. "John look at us. We are your friends, like Sherlock kindly pointed out," she shot me a glare after she'd said this. "You have to understand that we will never judge you. If anything, we're happy for you. I think I speak for all of us when I say this." Everyone hummed in agreement to this. 

"John dear, you have no idea how elated I am at this news. I couldn't wait longer," said Mrs Hudson. "I am happy for you mate. I mean we all saw this coming. In fact, why didn't this happen sooner?" inquired Greg. At this, John looked up and said "I have loved Sherlock for as long as I've known him. After the fall however," it was John's turn to glare at me, "I knew I had to move on. I love Mary. I really do, but she knew that I loved Sherlock as well. She would want me to make this choice. However, I was too blind to see what everyone else say, this man was in love with me too."

"As ever Watson, you see but you do not observe," I said, smiling down at John. John got up and did what I thought he'd never do the entire night. He pulled me down by my shirt collar and kissed me. The kiss didn't even start off softly. His tongue instantly found mine and we were almost making out. If not for Mycroft's cough, I could've sworn that John was going to take me then and there. 

"Well brother mine, I am very glad that you have found love. Sentiment, caring, is never an advantage, but doctor Watson is a fine man, so my good wishes are with you." I was very surprised at the way Mycroft was reacting. After the final problem, Mycroft and I did grow significantly closer, but obviously neither of us displayed the affection. 

"Well then, let the partying begin," John said, bringing various types of alcohol out. Mycroft looked like he was going to leave because he didn't want to "party" but seemed to change his mind. "Oh well, one social night for my little brother won't hurt," he said, taking his seat next to Greg. 

At this, Greg did something rather odd. He smiled a shy smile and blushed. Then Mycroft started talking to him and I noticed his breathing increased. My brother however, seemed oblivious to this. So much for being the smarter one. "What are you staring at?" John asked. "I deduce that Mycroft Holmes too is going to start having sentiments too," I said, smirking.