Chapter Eleven

They Didn't know, of course they thought they did, but can you really determine a happy child from a sad one? Especially when they kept their emotions bottled up for their sanctity. It took years from them to be accustomed to her mood swings, her raging temper and they knew she'd never find someone... Because who wants someone who's broken beyond belief.

It started as soon as she was born, her father always said she was dropped on her head and from that moment on... Well life wasn't really the same. The words spoken were beyond this world, too wise for someone of six years old.

"Papa, if we can't see danger approaching then why does it scare us so much?" "Mama, Why do the stars shine if they're millions and millions of miles away."

In a way, she was like all other children, just with that added spark that brightened her eyes. Well that was until the inevitable happened and she lost that spark. Bullying. Loss of friends, the hatred of one person relentlessly battering her. She didn't know what to do, her family wasn't hearing her.

**

While chewing an swallowing the rice pudding I had served, we created small talk. A rather weird thing to do in a situation like this, but it needed to happen.

Fionn's leg still wasn't fully healed, the incident having been too recent. Although he could walk, rather weakly. His eyes told that it was hurting, but being a brace soldier he didn't complain... As my father had said to me previously "A injury may effect you and your life, but at least you're still alive." And while it wasn't exactly the most positive quote, it was true.

Harry had finished his small meal, having placed the utensils in a cross on his plate. A habit? His gaze was zoned in on the floor, his lips slightly parted. Naila put a hand on his back, the other reaching under his chin and pulling his face up slightly. He looked shattered, absolutely exhausted.

Could you blame him though? The reality of the weight of the situation was starting to burden them. In a way it was a necessity we got them out of harms way.

A refreshing nights sleep turned into one of nightmare after nightmare. The scale increasing rather rapidly.

German's knocking at the door. Threats, injuries and deaths.

If there was one thing I could stop, that would be to halt the German advance, help the Allies lift them from the town of Dunkirk. But they were incredibly close now, the crashing of mortar fire resonating close by.

I made my way to put my shoes on, if I wanted to see how close they were it would be reasonable to be alone. If they lost me they could continue to plan, but if two of us were to go... Well that could be a disaster mission. Once I had tied my simple laces, I quietly unlocked the front door.

Swinging the door towards me, I felt the crisp air of Late may encasing me in it's shivery fingers. Taking a step out I span around and closed the door, almost silently. My feet then took me down the cobblestone path, towards the gate, it was quiet almost too quiet.

"Where the hell are you going?" Fionn spoke, a hint of venom in his voice. "I told you I was going to investigate the German system. I don't want anyone else getting hurt so I'm going alone" "Alone? Alone? You think you can handle a mob or horny, rowdy soldiers coming for you. On your own?" "If that's how I have to prove myself to you, then so be it."

*****

Hey!
I know this is tiny but I wanted to get something out, I had such a busy day yesterday. Finally went to see The Ferryman! And we got front row seats and met Tom like 7 times (he was amazing in the play by the way wow).

Hopefully going back to watch again pretty soon, just because it's so good. Anyway top is a photo that's on my Instagram so if you want to follow me it's

imrobynhi

But yeah, wow I'm so in love with the man. He's so so lovely, like who's One Direction?