Chapter Thirteen

It was as though a war was raging around us, the close proximity of the firing was crazy and I just couldn't determine what was happening in its entirety. They had moved in, closer to our allied soldiers and their position meant that obviously... They could strike the beaches and surrounding areas.

Food was scarce, the limit had pushed people further than they needed to go, and honestly... I regretted not leaving more than anything.

Watching from the bushes, helpless and unable to contact my friend inside that building absolutely shattered me. I wanted to do something, but anything was certainly a death wish and I didn't want to die.

They say death brings peace, but is that always the case? When someone dies in a horrific way, doesn't get what they want to do completed... is that peaceful? If I died saving my own friend, and didn't end up saving her, I think I'd haunt those soldiers for the rest of their lives.

Turning to Fionn I spoke softly, "I don't know what I'm going to do if she's not okay, she's my rock. An absolute gem." His lips curled, a small frown then over came his face.

"She's a smart one that one, there's no way they couldn't have put two and two together. All we can do is pray. They'll move on soon, have bigger and better things to do with their time. Picking fights with an empty farmhouse isn't what they want to spend eternity doing."

And at that moment, the rush of an engine encased us, soldiers moving out of the house. Bringing pots and cans with them. Seems like they'd found the pantry. Once the engine had settled they all hopped onto the truck and drove off, leaving the sound of silence... With a few bombs in between.

********

Hi...

Oh wow guess who's alive? That's right me, woah I didn't expect this and it's like 12:30am I can't sleep and I have such a busy week coming up...

Honestly I am so so sorry that I haven't updated this in months but I did say my mind was elsewhere and in all honesty I felt a bit weird for a bit.

It was Remembrance Day yesterday here in the UK and it got me thinking of this story so I decided to write a bit very sporadically. And yes I know it's short but honestly for me this is a break through.

I've had such a great couple of months, have continued doing what I want and love and it's been the best thing that I have allowed myself to do. I'm working more and keeping my brain occupied, meeting new people and getting closer with the people in my life. But I've never been so happy.

So on that note, I hope everyone is well. I don't know if I will continue updating (honestly it might just be a case of me being bored and thinking well why not)

SO SORRY IT'S SO SHORT. ALSO HAVEN'T LOOKED OVER IT AGAIN SORRY.

R