Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Kara and Alex were running late for school, the 2 were regretting staying up all night talking about school. Alex told her about the bruise on her face and how she got it, which subtly lead to Alex interrogating Kara about her whereabouts.

She argued that she had been worried about her and that she couldn't skip out on school like that. Kara knew this and apologised, Alex could sense the guilt that Kara was feeling, so she decided to back off and ask about the necklace.

Kara put her broken necklace in a container, she was going to try and fix it but it was going to take time. Alex told her that the next time Leslie and Siobhan approach her, she will beat them senselessly until they are on their knees begging for forgiveness.

Kara was grateful for this, she knew that Alex would protect her no matter what, the 2 were growing closer and closer each day. But she didn't want Alex getting into trouble because of her, she had powers for Rao's sake, if someone ran into her, they would end up with a broken arm and leg while she remained unscathed.

She changed the topic by asking her about Maggie, Alex spent the rest of the night gushing about her, she didn't know if Maggie liked her or not. She knew that Maggie was flirting with her, but she assumed that she was just playing around.

The 2 never had a serious conversation, they had a mutual friendship filled with flirting and bickering.

The sisters went to sleep at 4 a.m and woke up late, causing them to miss breakfast and the bus. The 2 of them were forced to run to school which took over an hour.

The 2 approached the school, "I could've flown here if I wanted to" Kara muttered, Alex rolled her eyes and slowed down her breathing. She thanked God that she did track for a whole year, but she was slightly jealous of Kara's inability to get tired from running that distance.

"Tough" Alex knew that she sounded snarky, but she was tired from running and the lack of sleep. The 2 opened the room to the science room.

"Nice of you to join us" Miss Hamilton said as she watched the 2 girls stumble into class, she had just assigned the students to their partners for the rest of the year.

"Why don't you try running an hour-long trip in a matter of 30 minutes?" Alex muttered under her breath, Kara hoped that the teacher didn't hear her sister's snarky comment.

"Alex, you are paired with Maggie Sawyers and Kara, you can go with Lena Luthor" Miss Hamilton said, she wasn't thrilled with pairing a Luthor with someone like Kara. If the 2 didn't get along, then the Luthor could ruin her whole career. She had seen the way Kara interacted with everyone else and had thought that the girl was unique.

Kara stumbled to her table where Lena was watching her with amusement. She dropped her bag on the floor and sat down on her seat which she almost missed somehow.

"You okay?" Lena held in her laughter at watching the adorable girl stumble into class. She couldn't help but smile at how clumsy the girl was.

Kara let out a tired sigh before turning to face Lena with a smile, "Great now that you're here", she remembered watching a movie where the guy said that to the girl he was sitting next to. She wasn't lying, she was glad to see Lena here today, she really wanted to be her friend.

Lena was shocked to hear this, she wasn't sure if Kara realised that she was flirting with her. The innocent looks on Kara's face made her realise that Kara didn't know that she was flirting. She found the innocent and unaware look on Kara's face to be adorable.

She was intrigued as to how Kara kept her innocence and bright smile despite being bullied and mistreated by the other students. She only met Kara yesterday, but she could tell that Kara avoided conflict as much as possible and she also knew that she had a pure heart.